This is the Message Centre for ex4thhussar

Italy 1944-45

Post 1

Jacksinnott1924

Hi Ron, hope you don't mind me asking a few questions but I could really do with your help.
My dad recently passed away, when he was alive he did'nt much care for talking about his war service and this has left a bit of a void for me.
He served in Italy from 14-01-1944, landing at Anzio in 2nd Battalion of the North Stafford Regiment, he mentioned other places he saw service like, Naples, caserta and obviosly Rome, he ended his overseas sevice at villach in Austria.
Now to the questions, I am trying to find out what Army he was in, 1st, 5th etc, I know he was'nt in the 8th as he never saw service in North Africa, he mentioned he fought alongside the american 5th army 1st division but that is all I know, would you know what divisional badges he would have worn. Anything you can tell me about the North Staffs 2nd battalions time in Italy would be an amazing help.He mentioned once aboutsome fighting in and around a tobacco factory,
best wishes
Wayne Sinnott

Italy 1944-45

Post 2

ex4thhussar

Hi Wayne
Leave this with me.
I will come back to you within a couple of days.
Best wishes
Ron

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for ex4thhussar

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more