This is the Message Centre for ex4thhussar

Belsen

Post 1

David Johnson

Dear Ron,

Thank you for your message about my belsen article.

When I press "edit" beside the article it appears just as I want it. I don't need to change it. But when saved it is just a solid block of text.
If I press "edit" next to the title listing on my personal page it appears together with the machine codes relating to the placing of the title, picture etc. However there are no machine codes for my text which suggests that I am perhaps submitting it in the wrong format.
I changed it from the normal wordprocessing form on iMacs (which is Appleworks) to Mac Word. Is that wrong?
Or perhaps in doing copy / paste it was converted back?

Perhaps I'll try deleting the whole text and typing it in directly. Or perhaps it is too late when it is in Edit. Perhaps I need to start again from nothing?

I just posted a similar note to Peter

All the best
David

Belsen

Post 2

Frank Mee Researcher 241911

David,
As fresh eye's on the subject can I just add my humble findings.
You are using the edit in the green edging at the left side of the page.
If you do this DO NOT USE BASIC EDIT it will come up with all the codes which you do not need or even want to know about.
USE THE EDIT ARTICLE button and you will get the story showing the boxes exactly as you wrote it and can edit as many times as you wish.
When you have done the edit make sure you go to the bottom of the page following the instructions as you go. It is a simple action as long as you follow through reading all the instructions.
My way to edit is to click on the Story Title on my personal page which has edit under the title. Go to the Title and move to the EDIT button and your story will come up ready for the edit. Always follow the full instructions and you will have no bother. There is no need to re-write your story when the edit is there for alterations or after thoughts.
Let me know how you go,
Frank.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for ex4thhussar

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more