This is the Message Centre for Mark Rest

How Anakin became a Vader

Post 1

Jax

Anakin's past is tangled in myth and speculation, but it is known that he displayed incredible affinity for the Force even as a child growing up on Tatooine. It was the Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn, who first discovered the boy's potential but it was Obi-Wan Kenobi who guided him during his formative years. Anakin soon became a heroic pilot and together with Obi-Wan battled in the legendary Clone Wars. Sadly, Obi-Wan was overconfident in his ability to properly teach Anakin the ways of the Force. Under the influence of the evil Senator Palpatine, Anakin was seduced by the dark side; he gradually succumbed to burning feelings of anger and hate until he became Darth Vader, the Dark Lord of the Sith. In this new incarnation, he launched a campaign to purge the universe of the Jedi Knights, paving the way for Palpatine's rise to power.

Dark Side

Post 2

Mark Rest

Thanks for the Journey back to the future. What's you source?
May the force be with you.

Dark Side

Post 3

Jax

My source is R2-D2, he told that I could on pass on that information if I dedicated my home page to him. This is what I have done. http://www.h2g2.com/U49474. Unfortunately, he wants his picture on there, and I don't know how to do it! smiley - smiley

Dark Side

Post 4

Jax

No seriously, a pretty cool website is http://www.iol.ie/~redcafe/episode1/ if you are a fan like me you will waste quite a bit of time in there!

Dark Side

Post 5

enigmaniacs

hi mark rest. just dropped in to see how your page was going and couldn't help noticing that you've removed my link...thank you. i'll be sure and do the same for yours.

btw, what's that you were saying about mankind?

Dark Side

Post 6

Mark Rest

I didn't mean to remove your link I'll put it back if you like.

Dark Side

Post 7

enigmaniacs

no, that's not necessary. quite honestly, i didn't feet very comfortable being on such an elite list. my apologies for coming off rather harsh in my previous posting...just a little edgy last night, that's all.

all my best,
enigmaniacs

Dark Side

Post 8

Jax

Hi Mark, Hows it going??

I tried to see Star Wars at the weekend - all booked out on Saturday up London so last night we went to Bromley and sat in an unairconditioned cinema - but who cares. It was well worth it!!

Regards

Dark Side

Post 9

Mark Rest

I'm fine JAX I want to see Star Wars again to see if I see anything more in it. I keep remembering the "There's always a bigger fish". How are you doing?

Dark Side

Post 10

Jax

I'm fine, megga busy today though, I think I will able to get some of that well paid Deutsche Overtime tonight!!

Going back to Star Wars, it was soooo cool! I just love Ewan McGreggor, yummy, lose the pony tail though yughh. I didn't think they gave Artoo enough lines though. Where does C3P0 come in, how do they get together 'cos in the later ones he is Artoos interpretter.

Maybe Anakin goes back to collect him when he goes back to see his mum.

[You may laugh Mark, but I thorough believe that all this is true, Artoo, as I have said, is sitting on my desk, I just have a problem that I do not have C3 to interpret for me, I know he is try to help me with my presentation, but I don't understand what he saying, maybe he just wants a cup of coffee!] smiley - smiley

Dark Side

Post 11

Mark Rest

What can I say I've been off work most off this year with stress. I've believed loads of crazy stuff. Now I've crystalised what I do believe in my h2g2 home page and my Evolution user page. It would be good if Star Wars was true. All I can say is that its possible that it does exist on a galaxy far far away...

Dark Side

Post 12

Jax

I am sorry to hear to have been off with stress, that happened to me back in '93. This should cheer you up a tadge ..

Dear Lord,

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change things I cannot accept,
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people
I had to kill today because they pissed me off.
And also, help me to be careful of the toes I step on today
As they may be connected to the arse that I might have to kiss tomorrow.

Help me to always give 100% at work.......
12% on Monday
23% on Tuesday
40% on Wednesday
20% on Thursday
5% on Fridays

and help me to remember......

When I'm having a really bad day,
And it seems that people are trying to piss me off,
That it takes 42 muscles to frown
And only 4 to extend my fingers and tell them to f**k off.

AMEN."

Dark Side

Post 13

Mark Rest

Thanks for the prayer. I like it I also like Douglas Adams' quote on deadlines:- "I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by". I think I'm okay now but I have to wait for the Doctor's opinion. A few people have noted that I might be a tad obsessive about h2g2. My point is that if I was mad about Manchester United there would be no issue. Anyway I only spend a hour a day on it. I still go by my philosophy on my home page its stood me in good stead these last few weeks.

Obsessions

Post 14

Jax

I am obsessed with my weight! I was annorexic years ago and I think it one of those things you survive but never fully recover. If I go above 8st 10, I don't get on the scales for a month and go on a crash diet of water! Sad really! I got my figure back about 2 years ago with the help of my husband and the gym! Hard work, but I am getting there!

Things are not always as they seem are they.

Obsessions

Post 15

Mark Rest

I'm not sure why women and men are so concerned with women's weight. Back in Roman times the voluptuous figure was the rave. BTW have you bumped into any good Star Wars pages on h2g2?

Obsessions

Post 16

Jax

Thats as maybe - women are usually conscious about their figure because there male partners usually dribble all over supermodels and Playboy. You don't get many overweight women in those sort of situations do you! So my being consiscious of your weight and having a nice figure your male partner then drools over you. Or that is the theory.

I have a few minutes at lunchtime search for new pikkies and screensavers etc, but I ran out time before I found anything good. I will keep trying though, have you checked out the Morph Link, isn't he just the grooviest charactor. Do you remember Ivor the Engine? I must search for some cool kiddie link website on the early childrens programmes, some of them were great!

Obsessions

Post 17

Mark Rest

At some point since the Greeks were raving about the voluptuous figure somebody must have created a meme about slim women being more attractive. This meme has now come to dominate out culture so that the figures in Playboy are all slim. But why?
I do remember Ivor the Engine I remember trying to read it not realising that it was in a Welsh dialect. How about the Clangers and the Soup Dragon.

Obsessions

Post 18

Researcher 38090

I got a video of the Clangers recently. It was as much fun as when I watched it as a child. Ditto for Rhubarb and Custard.
Thin women. Many of the fashion designers of the 20th century are gay. That explains why for the most part "top models" are 6 foot tall, thin legged and flat chested. Their ideal is not a women but a pretty boy.
Anakin's role in Star wars is to bring balance to the force. To paraphrase Spinal Tap at Elvis's grave "to much f******g balance." He kills off all the Jedi and Sith. You can't get much more balanced than that. I wonder if George Lucas is thinking along the lines of Michael Moorcocks Corum, who kills all the gods in his universe in order to let mortals run their own lives.

Obsessions

Post 19

Mark Rest

So our destiny is to become androgenous. Well we are already the species that has the most similar sexes. It poses some interesting questions as sexual desire and propagation of the human race. If I think about it these were all answered in Aldous Huxley's Brave New World. He had sex as a recreation and labs that produced a range of humans some that were oxygen starved to produce dumb workers.
As for killing all the Jedi and Sith it would certainly balance things but isn't it in itself an evil act.
I like the idea of the Corum and all the Gods being removed to let humanity decide for itself.
BTW I've given you a 4star rating on my home page
smiley - smiley

At Home in the Universe

Post 20

Mark Rest

Just thought I'd drop you a note to see how you are. Hope life's not too hectic at Deutsche Bank. BTW I've worked out your brother's nickname stands for Silicon: Si. Meet you one his "Complexity Theory" gudie entry.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Mark Rest

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more