This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Trek; Business; Timeslip.

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Bob had arranged to come round this lunchtime. About 12:30, Chris called and said he was back in town, and wanted to know when we could get together with him... I said I'd call Bob and get back to him.

I called Bob at 12:30, 1pm, 1:30 and 2pm. At 2pm he answered - he'd just crawled out of bed. smiley - yawnsmiley - blush

I called Chris back and arranged for him to pick Bob up at 3:30 and bring him round here... I set about preparing some paperwork to show Chris.

I got a phone call at 3:50; I expected it to be Bob, but instead it was my pal Jamie checking that I was in so he could collect the Star Trek disc I'd promised him. 15 minutes later the doorbell rang and he came in to collect it. We watched some trailers on the PC, then he was on his way.

About 2 minutes later (4:30) Bob and Chris arrived. smiley - ok

Bob plonked himself in the corner of the living room, plugged in his laptop and just "got on with it" while Chris and I discussed the updates he wanted for his property site. I wasn't entirely impressed; he wants it changed to a bright green-and-red front page, or rather his wife wants that and he doesn't have the energy to complain any more. smiley - headhurtssmiley - rainbow

Bob occasionally yelped, and now and again he'd ask me to check out a web page, but generally he kept himself to himself. When Chris headed home, I cooked us both a plate of fish fingers, onion rings and peas, along with the contents of the "Mystery Can"*... smiley - chef

We discussed the sites at length, and I set the Digibox on "pause/timeslip" for about an hour before watching a rather wonderful "Jackie Chan" movie, co-starring Lee Evans in full "Norman Wisdom" mode. It's called "The Medallion"; I can't explain it - just watch it if you get the chance. smiley - ok After that, I watched "CSI: NY" and "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit".

I'm going to head for bed in ten minutes or so... smiley - yawn Tomorrow's going to be a busy day. smiley - yikes

(*An unlabelled can I bought for 5p last time I was in Iceland, on a whim. They had no idea what was in it - it turned out to be new potatoes. They were very nice microwaved with some salted butter. smiley - drool)

Post 2

Tabitca

you should tell Bob that red and green and blue and red together are very bad for people to read,especially dyslexia sufferers and those with eyesight problems.smiley - cdoubleHow are you otherwise? are you alright for coffeesmiley - coffee? they just got another batch in.

Post 3

Lady Scott

That color combination - depending upon exactly which shades are used, and how they're used - can be *impossible* for a colorblind person to read.

http://www.visibone.com/color/chart2x.html

The little blue/gray/yellow/brown chart in the lower left shows how a person with red/green colorblindness would see the colors in the larger chart.

Post 4

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Tabs, thanks for the offer, but "Quid's In" (the £1 shop I tried to drag you into across the road from $tarbuck$) has got in a selection of large packs of Dowe Egberts smiley - coffee (nice!) at £1 each! smiley - wowsmiley - ok I think I'm sorted for the moment. smiley - biggrin

Lady S., it's fairly safe at the moment - white text on a green background, large white text on a red background, black or dark green text on a white background. It's just that incidental maps etc. within the site are in two shades of blue... smiley - headhurtssmiley - cdouble I have impaired vision myself, so clarity is always foremost on my mind. smiley - smiley

Post 5

Lady Scott

" I have impaired vision myself, so clarity is always foremost on my mind."

Especially since you're the one who has to build the thing, it'd be nice if you could actually *see* what you're doing! smiley - online2long

Post 6

smiley - laugh

Post 7

Tabitca

Peet you were always trying to drag me into shopssmiley - laugh You are funny....that's why I like you smiley - hug

Post 8

smiley - nahnah

Key: Complain about this post