This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

A better day.

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

In the morning I *finally* (after about six "coasters") managed to get Saturday's Doctor Who onto a DVD. smiley - ok

George came round and gave me a lift to the supermarket, via the COGS premises where I dropped off the Linux box; I'll go over there and install it tomorrow. smiley - geek On the way to the supermarket we detoured in to Homebase, and I was tempted by a special offer into buying a pack of two digital telephone handsets and a digital answering machine for £39.99, reduced from £79.99. It'll go into the COGS office as soon as we can afford to re-enable the 'phone line, and I should be able to reclaim what I paid for it as soon as COGS is earning real money. smiley - ermsmiley - 2cents

The supermarket trip went well; amongst other things, I got the makings of a rather fine stir-fry. (Shitaki and Oyster mushrooms, and an 82p pack of mixed beansprouts, carrot strips, onion and green crunchy stuff... smiley - chef) I fried it all up for supper, along with a sachet of Sweet Soy and Ginger sauce that I needed to use up. smiley - drool

Some of the morning and all of the evening was spent "auditioning" various GNU freeware CRM systems with a view to integrating one of them into Chris's web portal site. At the moment, "Sugar CRM" seems to be the front-runner, but there are still a couple of others to look at. smiley - geek

The Farm was excellent tonight; it's the only "Reality" show I can handle. smiley - sheepsmiley - smileysmiley - blacksheep

Oh, and this machine still hasn't rebooted. smiley - headhurts

A better day.

Post 2

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit trying to think
"was it not defragmentation that had to start all over again if anything in the file system changed?

Recommencing countdown 999, 998, 997. . . "

A better day.

Post 3

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

smiley - brave

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more