This is the Message Centre for Textbook Chaos

Hi there!

Post 1

Vip

I thought I'd pop by. smiley - smiley

I hope you're finding your feet okay. h2g2 is a rather large place and I hope we don't lose you in the maze!

Well done for trying to get something in the Guide, and that you for taking our criticisms well. When you're new it's hard to know the best way to do things.

If you made up the poo stick story, I think it's great! I try to come up with stories I could tell around a campfire, but I'm not very good at coming up with them.

smiley - fairy

Hi there!

Post 2

Vip

Hiya, I thought I'd move the conversation here rather than clutter up the Peer Review thread.

I personally use h2g2 to have conversations with people all around the world, to write the odd article for the Guide, and, like you, to have something to do during those quiet moments at work.

smiley - fairy

Hi there!

Post 3

Textbook Chaos

really what do you do? it seems like a lot of clever people use this website. how did you hear about it? is vip a nickname? Work is so boring today, not much to do, a waste of precious time if you ask me. what have you added to the guide i'd like to read!!smiley - smiley

Hi there!

Post 4

Vip

Vip is the name I chose (way back when I was seventeen). It was a bit of a joke, but now I'm sort of stuck with it!

If you really want to read what I've written, go here: A59933730

I'm just heading home - a short day, for a change! Wahoo!

smiley - fairy

Hi there!

Post 5

Elentari

Sorry to barge in, but I thought I'd answer here too.

I use h2g2 for ocassional bits of research, (I find it can be quite good if you're going to a major tourist place), getting involved in interesting conversations as Vip said, and for Peer Review.

I do hope you stick around. I realise your introduction to h2g2 hasn't been especially smooth. I hope you didn't take offence to my comment in your Pooh Sticks thread, it wasn't meant that way. smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Textbook Chaos

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more