A Conversation for Update Midland, Michigan, USA

Peer Review: A58990215 - Midland, Michigan, USA

Post 1

redshirt42

Entry: Midland, Michigan, USA - A58990215
Author: redshirt42 - U14183423

There is another entry on Midland, Michigan, but it is very brief so I thought I would write a more expansive one. I am new to this community and unfamiliar with the creation of guide entries, so I ask anyone who suggests formatting changes or the addition of pictures please explain how to implement their suggestions.

A58990215 - Midland, Michigan, USA

Post 2

Not-so-bald-eagle

Hi and welcome to h2g2 !

Well done on jumping in at the deep end and submitting an article to Peer Review. Unfortunately, the Edited Guide (EG) doesn't take several entries on the same subject. That said, there might be a case for 'updating' the original entry (and sharing credit with the original author) as that writer doesn't seem to have been onsite for a while. That article was edited by Peta who's still around, so maybe he/she will have some views on that.

I'm pretty new here too but somebody more familiar with the workings of the EG will probably be along soon.

You've certainly written an interesting article, whatever the outcome I hope you'll write more

smiley - coolsmiley - bubbly

Post 3

Z

This is a good entry - and I would certainly advise using it to update the exisiting entry on Midland ( A134786 )

I would - 1 take the text of the orgnial entry and perhaps put some of it into your entry, and 2. put the names of the orginal authors as contributors.

Post 4

Not-so-bald-eagle

I wasn't sure whether the original article was a Flea Market rescue (if it existed back then) with the 'editor' in charge of writing. Whatever the case, the editor (Peta) has no objections.

F5165826?thread=7035757#p87717612

Post 5

redshirt42

Thank you for your comments. As for updating the existing article, I must admit I don't know how to do that. I will look into it, but any help figuring it out would be appreciated.

Post 6

Not-so-bald-eagle

I'm no expert but I'd go for the good old copy and paste technique for the parts you want, using your entry as the base document. Then work from there.

Pleased to hear you're willing to take an Update on

Post 7

Malabarista - now with added pony

Oh, it's easy. Copy and paste the bits you want from the old entry into yours (or re-write yours in a text document and copy and paste the whole thing later).

When you're editing the entry, there will be a box at the very bottom that says "Edit the Researcher List" above it. Simply add the author's U-Number to yours in there (JPMcD's is 36358 - it's in the URL at the top of everyone's personal space) and click "Set Researchers".

Then put the word "UPDATE" in front of the title of your entry.

You can either remove the entry from Peer Review and re-submit it, or just change the subject line here to reflect that it's now an update. smiley - ok

Post 8

redshirt42

Okay, I have added a few facts from the original article, added the original author's name to my version, and put "Update" in the title.

Post 9

Not-so-bald-eagle

ยจ
Please post any comments concerning the update here F48874?thread=7038313&post=87772063#p87772063

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more