A Conversation for Challenge h2g2

Challenge: Cooperative, 100 objects

Post 1

Nosebagbadger {Ace}

Looking at the FP today, i saw the 100 objects link, and spent a while wandering around the website.

So i've been wondering whether we could do a brief entry on it, though scattered throughout the year. (so we may want to do it in a few chunks)

Before i go on, is there anyone who is already doing an entry on it?

It would make a good co-op project, with each person just doing a couple of items, presumably some of the items already have entries, and so only short passages would be advisable.

I'm not organised enough to manage it, but is there someone here who is?

Post 2

Vip

Hum - I dont't think it's worth an Entry by itself because we'd only be duplicating the work already on that website (which has small chunks of information on each item).

Having 100 Challenges here to cover all the items in depth in their own Entries (possible with a central page with all the links) could work though.

Anyone else have any opinions?

smiley - fairy

Post 3

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

There's a lot more than 100 objects, or am I looking at the wrong website?smiley - erm

There's 50 on this page alone: http://www.bbc.co.uk/ahistoryoftheworld/exploreraltflash/?tag=&page=7

Post 4

U168592

There are 100 highlighted objects, 99 available for viewing on the website at present, the 100th to be unveiled in September when the series finishes.

However, there are many other objects from museums throughout the UK.

I'm interested seeing as several of the objects from Nottingham can be found in my museum. smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more