A Conversation for Challenge h2g2

UK Counties & Regions - England - Warwickshire

Post 1

Paully

The most important author in the English language came from Stratford-Upon-Avon in Warwickshire - but aside from old Shakespeare, there's a lot else to recommend it. Warwick Castle, for one, and the busy city of Coventry. But do you know any hidden gems that the world should know about? Share with us! smiley - smiley

Paully

Post 2

Opticalillusion- media mynx life would be boring without hiccups

was there over the weekend celebrating my 2 year anniversary with my beloved smiley - smiley

Warwick Castle
The Globe Hotel
Shakespeareance

did them all over the weekend smiley - smiley

Post 3

Kat - From H2G2

Eventually I will be able to do...

The twiddly villages between Coventry and Birmingham International etc, including:

Tile Hill
Balsall Common
Berkswell
Meriden *whoop!*
Hampton In Arden
Marston Green

I can also help with Coventry, Warwick and its attractions, Kenilworth, but NOT Nuneaton, Bedworth, Rugby, Leamington etc.

So if anyone feels like starting to write any entries then give me a poke smiley - ok

Kat

Post 4

Paully

I'm delighted to announce that we already have two County entries in Peer Review, waiting to receive any bouquets or brickbats that people might lob in their general direction! If you're currently either working on or contributing to a County entry of your own right now, you might like to have a quick look to see how some other researchers have tackled this challenge. They are: County Fermanagh (A6092606) and Norfolk (A6108473).

Hope you enjoy reading them! smiley - smiley

Paully

Post 5

Opticalillusion- media mynx life would be boring without hiccups

ooh the pressures on peeps smiley - winkeye

Post 6

The H2G2 Editors

Any news on this one? We'd love to see something about this county in the Guide so that we can close up the gaps.

We're offering a T-shirt to anyone who can get it through PR and onto the Front Page.

Key: Complain about this post