A Conversation for Challenge h2g2

UK Counties & Regions - England - Isle of Wight

Post 1

Paully

We've already got a huge cross-section of entries about the Isle of Wight, but nothing that brings them all together into an introduction and overview of the island. Any volunteers to write one for us? smiley - smiley

Paully

Post 2

Opticalillusion- media mynx life would be boring without hiccups

by making these entries isn't there going to be a lot of cross over when you surely don't want that. Hopes you know what I mean.

Post 3

Paully

No, we hope there won't be much cross-over, Opti. For many people around the world who read h2g2, they won't have much of an idea about what each one of the counties and regions of the UK are like - and to be honest, I'm not entirely sure I could tell Gwent from Powys or Suffolk from Norfolk! A nice overview of each county will be invaluable to the Guide, I think - and it'll also provide a really useful central list for all of the articles that have already been written about that county to attach themselves onto.

smiley - smiley

Paully

Post 4

smiley - sorry I spoke

Post 5

Paully

Oh, I do hope you didn't think I was having a go at you there, Opti - it's just that this whole project of ours is quite a major one for the site as a whole! I certainly didn't mean to come across as in the slightest bit dismissive of your concerns...

Paully

Post 6

I feel a lot of people are irritated with me round here except my closest pals PSG and Unc I think it is very easy to take things the wrong way online.

Post 7

Paully

Well I have to say I'm greatly appreciating your comments in a number of these County entries - good stuff!

Paully

Post 8

Thankyou smiley - smiley

Post 9

Paully

I'm delighted to announce that we already have two County entries in Peer Review, waiting to receive any bouquets or brickbats that people might lob in their general direction! If you're currently either working on or contributing to a County entry of your own right now, you might like to have a quick look to see how some other researchers have tackled this challenge. They are: County Fermanagh (A6092606) and Norfolk (A6108473).

Hope you enjoy reading them! smiley - smiley

Paully

Post 10

I'll have a look at them at some point smiley - smiley

Post 11

The H2G2 Editors

Would anyone like to take this one on? We've got T-shirts we're offering to anyone who can get these last few entries through PR and into the EG.

Key: Complain about this post