A Conversation for Beer

American Beer?

Post 21

Pastey

The moarchy does serve a purpose, you know we brits always need something to moan about, and you have to admit they're good for that.smiley - fish

American Beer?

Post 22

Prez HS (All seems relatively quiet here)

Hello,

I'm Dutch.

I drink Heineken. I like Heineken.

Or one of the other delicacies from either the Netherlands or, never too far away, lovely Belgium.

Your turn, fellas

American Beer?

Post 23

Mistress of Eroticon 6

Currently, I'm in Houston, Texas, but thankfully not for very much longer. And I agree that the argument is moot for the reasons you've outlined, although I would suggest that if you ever DO go to Australia you are very, very careful about insulting our beer..........this is often the cause of mysterious American tourist deaths in Australia. Also, if you are impressed by my beer drinking ability you may want to consider a sabbatical to Australia because we are pretty much a nation of beer-swilling yobos, which is what gives us the right to come to your country and insult both your people and your beer. smiley - bigeyes

American Beer?

Post 24

Mistress of Eroticon 6

Well pointed out sir

American Beer?

Post 25

kalu

you know, i like you more every time we exchange messages
i know that you australians take your beer quite seriously, in fact you were very proud when your PM (i think it was your PM) went to England and took the drinking title at some pub (this story was related to me by a drunken australian that i met while travelling in Europe, and i was slightly inebriated myself, so pardon the broad generalizations and overall vagueness)
and i salute your attempt to come to the States to give it a try. sorry that it hasnt been a great time, i really like houston (lived there twice), and actually i will be there on friday for a bit of business/relaxation. try to enjoy the rest of your time here, and i will eventually get to australia, and i promise, i will not be so dim as to insult your beer/drinking abilities, and i will imbibe as much as i can.
cheers

kalu

American Beer?

Post 26

Mistress of Eroticon 6

Thanks Kalu for your understanding. My bad experiences here have been caused in the main by one particular person and I am just taking out my aggression on h2g2 which I consider a safe and constructive forum to air my discontent. Please don't be too offended and if you do make it to Australia, I would love to take you out for a Coopers, so that you can argue with me further.....smiley - bigeyes

American Beer?

Post 27

The Ghost Of TV's Frink

H2G2 IS NEVER A SAFE PLACE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THE STATES WHEN I'M LISTENING IN....

Just kidding Mistress, I'm just trying to stir up more trouble.

American Beer?

Post 28

kalu

shit, you can bash america all you want, its a free country and last i checked you could still say what you wanted (to an extent) smiley - smiley
the coopers sounds good, but me making it to australia aint too likely in the near future (but stranger things have happened) thanks for the offer anyway
as for the aggression, do i need to round up some friends and make a visit to houston? smiley - winkeye

kalu

frink, you crazy dog, you, always stirring up the trouble

American Beer?

Post 29

The Ghost Of TV's Frink

Yes, I am the straw that stirs up the trouble drink...

American Who Drank Beer in Australia...

Post 30

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

And can therefore end this silly argument. The final verdict is: Aussie beer rocks, American beer sucks. But most internationals have not tried the microbrews. There are places in this country (West Coast, especially) where there are a ton of microbreweries, and you can get piss-drunk every night for 2 weeks and not have the same beer twice, in certain bars. The taps extend all the way around the bar, and there is more in bottles. There is both phenomenal beer and bad beer in those taps. But the mass-marketed beer is disgusting
Personal story: before the microbreweries popped up everywhere, I hated beer, and only drank it at parties when there was nothing else. Many friends of mine still hate beer. It wasn't until I traveled the world a bit that I discovered beer could actually taste good. Australia had a lot to do with that. I like a lot of the local microbrews, but I still drink Irish imports more often than not. I would drink Aussie imports, too, but they aren't being sold here, except for Foster's, which is the Aussie equivalent to Bud

Post 31

Davion Q/93

Ok, now I am totally lost.

American Beer?

Post 32

Researcher 51057

Nevada is the very last place I think of when I think of pale ale. India is the first place, as in "India Pale Ale" or "IPA" - one of the better of which is Alexander Keith's IPA, from the wonderful province of Nova Scotia.
In general, I have not yet found a 'good' American beer, save for Rolling Rock, which I regard as an 'adequate' American beer. Sadly, because of licencing agreements and other legal nonsense, Rolling Rock is not offered for sale in Canada.
If any Americans happen to visit a friend or relative in Canada, and you wish to bring a gift of the alcoholic variety, I might suggest shoving the cases of Budweiser, Busch, and Miller Lite out of the way in the beer fridge, and instead reaching for the Rock. Bring a case of Rolling Rock to my house and you will be welcomed with very open arms!

Post 33

The Ghost Of TV's Frink

The only solution is to take a few years off, travel the world, and drink beer everywhere you go. Only then can you make an informed decision.....

Shiner Bock

Post 34

Albamuth

yeah, good stuff. I had two pitchers of it last night. the screen is hurting my eyes. ow.

Post 35

Uriel

Hey, that's why we're here. Travel the world, drink beer everywhere and write entries about it to those poor guys who aren't researchers (yet).

American Beer?

Post 36

Dr. Strangelove

Actually many british people celebrate the 4th of july as well. The day that we got rid of the bloody americans.

American Beer?

Post 37

Dr. Strangelove

whoa there...

I'm english so moan with the best of them but one thing - british politics being corrupt??
Sure everybody's money orientated, but HELLO!!! what about the states??
To get into office you have to splash as much cash as possible and the whole system runs off eliteism, "I'll scratch your back if you pay off my coke debts" etc.

I'd rather have the british (admitted shite) system than the crazyarse american version.

Oh, and the Monarchy do have a purpose: for us to take the piss out of, and also they bring in bucket loads of drooling american tourists going "oh gee, all this quaint british cultureeeeee" who'll happily fork out their dollars to walk around a couple of pallaces.
Thanks for the economy boost!

American Beer?

Post 38

Researcher 44646

What's to understand?
Drink beer, fall down...lights on the opposite wall and wet shirt!

American Beer?

Post 39

Researcher 44646

Is that a case of beer you're resting?
That canoe thing is probably why they lost the "America's Cup".

American Beer?

Post 40

Researcher 44646

Now don't you take the pi** mate.

Key: Complain about this post