A Conversation for Damn Fine Words

Damn Fine Words

Post 1

Phryne- 'Best Suppurating Actress'

I'm responsible for this, aren't I? Sorry, it appears that in my blind enthusiasm, I forgot to actually add an entry. It must have been those accursed fish- such a distraction.
In the meantime, please feel free to savour the following lexical sparklers...
Rotunda, jitty, podium, hiatus, miasma/ic, chicken, hollow, fox, sheep-dip, troglodyte, strata, soapstone.

Damn Fine Words

Post 2

The 1 and only Elkherd

Stubborn, buggies, Vladivostock... can't think of any more right now, but I filled the back pages of my old school books with these. Poorly, refuge, refuse, etc.

Damn Fine Words

Post 3

Queex Quimwrangler (Not Egon)

You can go back and edit the page, but sadly not remove these spurious forum entries.
And how about Nosecone, Brouhaha, Tsktsk, Nurdle, Trinket and Burgeoning?

Damn Fine Words

Post 4

No, don't worry about being spurious, I'm quite used to it. These words are all quite toothsome and nice.
You spelled a word wrong in another entry, by the way. Don't worry. I won't tell anyone.

Damn Fine Words

Post 5

I didn't. My fingers did. BAD fingers (slap).

Damn Fine Words

Post 6

Oooh, you liar! I've seen you at your worst. Tsktsk isn't a word, it's an onomatopaeic assimilative utterance. Anyway: bassoon, faggot, myrtle, suppository, facade (forgive the lack of a gubbins), gubbins, tricycle, mangold-wurzel, gombroon, cathode, anaphylactic shock.
Thankyou for your time.

Damn Fine Words

Post 7

Tsktsk is a verb, meaning "to say 'tsk'". So, while Tsk is an onomatopaeic interjection, tsktsk is a word.

Damn Fine Words

Post 8

No, I think you'll find it isn't. It's just a REPETITIVE onomatopaeic assimilative utterance.
Philomel, banal, scumbag, extreme unction.

Damn Fine Words

Post 9

I can reply to me because I am alone. Yes, Queex is a bit of a dolt, isn't he? Absolutely. Where were we... right: bugle, oblong, shoddy, Hob-Nob, gnome, toddler, bitching, sarcophagus, scarab, tumescent, fellabella, toffee, Hovis, toilet.
Now, try putting them into sentences.

Key: Complain about this post