This is the Message Centre for Frank Mee Researcher 241911

Front Page

Post 1

Audrey Lewis - WW2 Site Helper

Dear Frank,
It was good to see our stories on the front page again last week. My, we are doing well!
Hope you're well and enjoying what you're doing?
Life is very busy now - so much I want to do before the long nights draw in.
I am still getting friend's stories onto the site. It's been a labour of love.
I went to a big Red Cross St. John's Ambulance Celebration two weeks ago - all came about through one of my stories. It's amazing what turns up these days.
Look after yourself,
Kindest regards,
Audrey

Front Page

Post 2

Frank Mee Researcher 241911

Dear Audrey,
What price fame, it is a good job we do not let it go to our heads. I finally got the BBC Video with our three minutes of fame out of around three and a half hours of filming. It had been all over the place ending up with another Frank Mee up in Durham who did everything in his power to see that I finally got it. It ended up back in London and Amanda got it too me. Frank Phoned me this morning as I sent him a letter of thanks we found we have no ties at all and he is the only Mee in that area. There is a big clutch of Mee's in the Derbyshire area though and we may well have come from that way in the mass movement of the population during the 1800's.
The end is coming Audrey and we will all be out of work when they close down in December, a lot of us have gone on to e-mail to keep in touch so we can at least keep some of the friends we made.
Oh for those dancing years Audrey I wish I could still do it but Tempus Fugit.
Frank.

Front Page

Post 3

Harold Pollins

Frank

I notice your point about exchanging e-mail addresses in order to keep in touch. How does one go about doing that?

Harold

Front Page

Post 4

Frank Mee Researcher 241911

Harold,
Click on here and follow instructions.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/ww2/AddThread?inreplyto=12076328
Just click on the thread.
Frank.

Front Page

Post 5

Audrey Lewis - WW2 Site Helper

Dear Frank and Harold,
I think it might be a good idea to keep in touch after this site closes at the end of the year. It has been a very interesting time for us and has put us in touch with some lovely people. I've been amazed at the stories.So much about the war I did not know when I srarted out.
Where do we go from here? I looked at your site reference, Frank, and read what was there. Is it a safe place?
So pleased you got you recording eventually Frank. A momento well worth having.
Hope you're all enjoying life? Although we can't dance like we used to - there is still a lot of life is us yet?
I am still getting requests from friends who want to
have their stories put on the site. And still they keep coming you might say - hundreds of them. How does the TEAM cope?
Don't work too hard.
I enjoyed the Red Cross 'do'. There was a Leeds big band - and it played all the old dance tunes - some guests even got up to dance. Not me - I didn't have a partner.Where were you Frank??
Must go.
Sincerely,
Audrey

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Frank Mee Researcher 241911

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more