This is the Message Centre for kbrtiata

Too sad

Post 1

kbrtiata

Last Sunday, early in the morning, on the Mother Day (Japan Time),
My best friend passed away smiley - peacedove
She was 99 old lady, but she is the only one whom I can say my JAPANESE BEST FRIEND.
She was so intelligent, charming and independent lady.
She kept attending university lecture spoken in English by an English professor over for 15 years. Until she broke her lower hip, she rarely wasn't absent. Then after that, because of her age, she couldn't be the regular external student, but me and she were welcomed by the professor as the guest students. So, we went to the university together with.
We intended to attend the new term starting next week. But it became impossible.
She had encouraged me for ages since we met for the first time.
She experienced 2 big quakes, one in Tokyo in 1923, in Osaka(our area, Hanshin disaster) in 1995. One big WAR (WW2) in Tokyo, so many typhoons. She was teenager(maybe 9 or 10) when Tutankhamun's nearly intact tomb was discovered by H. Carter and G. Herbert in 1922 smiley - yikes She said she read the news by newspaper!
She had over 9 great grand children. as for grand children.. don't know. wonderful sons and daughter. loved natures, history, tennis (she played tennis smiley - racket1smiley - tennisballwhen she was young...! that was also amazing because it wasn't popular sport in Japan in those time)

She leant English when she was teens, and she read lots of English books imported from US or UK that was really rare in those days. One of her favourite book is 'the Secret Gardeb; by Bernette. we read it(English version, of course) again smiley - book last summer together with. She loved not only English books, but also Japanese books. She was deep thinker.
I just post this journal for me not to forget her though she is alive in my mind and can remember all the time. But I am so shocked with the great loss that I can't be calm and stop doing anything, otherwise I keep crying out smiley - wah

After my gran left, I never thought I would attend funeral again in my life.
I'll see her to say thank you tomorrow and the day after for the funeral smiley - rose

She lives in my mind forever smiley - smiley

smiley - diva

Too sad

Post 2

BigAl Patron Saint of Left Handers Keeper of the Glowing Pickle and Monobrows

I am very smiley - sorry to hear your smiley - sadface news, Taamyu. Your best friend has certainly led a very interesting life and I can tell that you will miss her greatly.

Keep strong smiley - goodluck

A

Too sad

Post 3

Jimcracker7[magiclink.rip gone altogether. im back.in my home from home.

hello taeko

sorry to hear your sad news, hope you are well and the problems that are in your country will soon be at a end.

take care jimsmiley - sheepxx

Too sad

Post 4

Reality Manipulator

Hello Tammyu,smiley - hugsmiley - peacedove

Perhaps they are not
stars in the sky,
but rather openings
where our loved ones
shine down to let us
know they are happy.

Eskimo Traditional

Sharing in your sorrow, thinking of you and wishing I could be there
to hold your hand.

This comes to say hat many thoughts,sincere as they can be, are going out to you today on deepest sympathy.

It will be the little things
that you will remember,
the quiet moments,
the smiles, the laughter.
With Loving Memories

Katrine

Too sad

Post 5

kbrtiata

bigAl, Jim and Kat smiley - hug

Thank you for your warm responses.
Funeral ceremony was done peacefully smiley - peacedove the day before, the very warm sunny Wednesday.

I feel very lonely that is different from the loss(loneliness) of my gran.
Much more lonely than losing my granma. smiley - cry
But, I'll try to put my chin up smiley - smiley

Again, Thank you for your friendship. smiley - cuddle

Now, I have to study English more as I find that I'm losing English... smiley - yikessmiley - groansmiley - wah
I get really nuts smiley - clown

smiley - diva

Too sad

Post 6

Reality Manipulator

Thank you Tammyusmiley - hug

I am glad that the funeral went well and that it was a lovely warm sunny day.smiley - hugsmiley - peacedove

Warmest wishes and regards,
Take care,
Kat

Too sad

Post 7

Shea the Sarcastic

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, Taamyu. But how wonderful to have such a beautiful person in your life. Hold on to those beautiful memories. smiley - hugsmiley - rose

Too sad

Post 8

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Thinking of you, too smiley - hug

smiley - rosesmiley - peacedove

lil xx

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for kbrtiata

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more