A Conversation for Rice Cookers

A102844 - Rice Cookers

Post 1

Jack Point

I wrote this entry a long time ago, and meant to submit it, but never got around to it.

A102844 - Rice Cookers

Post 2

JyZude

Nice article! I didn't know that rice cookers were so versatile. As well, that they were so simple. The ones I see on Iron Chef always have lots of expensive computer gadgetry.

A suggestion: maybe you could use a numbered (or unnumbered) list to separate the steps in your recipie.

Also, in paragraph 3: "...bear in mind that, unlike a regular stew pot..." I don't think that the comma after "that" should be used. It breaks the flow of the sentence.

Also, don't end the article in ellipses (...); just a period will do. It brings a bit more closure.

An excellent article.

JyZude.

A102844 - Rice Cookers

Post 3

Lisa the Freak // Poet by the Toga

Great article!!!

Good point there, JyZude, but the comma and ...s etc are fine for now, the Editor can sort that out if it gets picked. smiley - smiley Content's all that's insanely important at this stage - I reckon it's got brilliant content smiley - bigeyes

Nice one.

Overworked Editors

Post 4

JyZude

Well, y'see, I couldn't find anything wrong with the content of the article. But I wanted to say a bit more than "hey good work". I had to provide some constructive comments. So I went for punctuation. Besides, I'm all for saving the editors' time.

JyZude

Overworked Editors

Post 5

I wanted to say a bit more that "hey good work" too. smiley - smiley
Anyway, that's all hoopy with me.

Peace
LtF

Overworked Editors

Post 6

A good idea would be maybe to split up the entry a little more, with subheadings - it might run a little smoother. smiley - smiley

A102844 - Rice Cookers

Post 7

Jack Point

Thanks for the great suggestions. I have updated the article accordingly. Thanks for the compliments, too.

I think I tend to overuse ellipses in my writing. In my mind, it's sort of a written substitute for the conversational phrase "You get the idea." It was a particularly good suggestion to remove the ellipses from the end.

-J.P.

A102844 - Rice Cookers

Post 8

Woooh! Much much better! easier to read, great!

congrats

Post 9

Ok!!! Consider this entry a part of the Guide! Well, almost. It's gone into the Editorial Process now, and it might take some time before it's ready - but you'll get an email telling you when it gets accepted. Well done smiley - biggrin

congrats

Post 10

Mark Moxon

Editorial Note: This thread has been moved out of the Peer Review forum because this entry has now been recommended for the Edited Guide.

Congratulations!

Key: Complain about this post