A Conversation for The Forum

Is it too easy to get into debt?

Post 81

Teasswill

Perhaps some prefer to work in term time rather than the holidays? Or like the 'extras' that it makes possible. My son worked every holiday to support his desired lifestyle. He reckons that it is possible to exist on the student loan (depending on accommodation costs), but life would be pretty dull.

Post 82

McKay The Disorganised

My mother was relatively wealthy, but spent her retirement living with my sister, scrimping on pennies because she didn't know how long she'd live.

Gordon Brown's raids on the pension set up to pay for his wild spending is a burden that everyone under 60 is going to have to pay for until they die.

I'm assuming that I will sell my house, buy somewhere smaller and use that money to live on - but in reality, as my wife is 8 years younger than me, these decisions will probably lie with her.

smiley - cider

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more