A Conversation for The Forum

Firemen Fined

Post 1

Secretly Not Here Any More

http://www.guardian.co.uk/firefighters/story/0,,2183057,00.html

A group of firemen in Bristol have been demoted and fined for disrupting illegal activity. How on Earth is this fair?

Firemen Fined

Post 2

Arnie Appleaide - Inspector General of the Defenders of Freedom

B/c the firemen don't have a mandate to be police officiers?

Firemen Fined

Post 3

IctoanAWEWawi

perhaps a tad excessive (I only have that story to go on) but certainly not unfair. They were in fire service equipment, using fire service time for their own personal reasons.

They were done for "being accused of bringing the service into disrepute and misuse of fire equipment." which, if the overtones of homophobia are accurate (and we can't know that from the article) is true on both counts.

They shouldn't have done what they did, they got caught, they got punished. Seems fair to me.

Firemen Fined

Post 4

Whisky

And if your house had burnt to the ground because the only available fire tender was out on a jolly?

Firemen Fined

Post 5

Fair do's then. No debate here, we've got it all sown up! smiley - ok

Firemen Fined

Post 6

Whisky

d**n! And I was just looking forward to a good argument!

smiley - winkeye

Firemen Fined

Post 7

IctoanAWEWawi

we could argue about the spelling of 'sown' if you want smiley - winkeye

Firemen Fined

Post 8

I know, I know, it's sewn...

Firemen Fined

Post 9

IctoanAWEWawi

smiley - biggrin

Firemen Fined

Post 10

Maybe you meant we'd scattered the arguments uniformly across a tilled field?

Firemen Fined

Post 11

And then conclusions would grow, ready for harvesting? What a nice metaphor.

Firefighters Fined

Post 12

badger party tony party green party

smiley - bluelight

As a member of the PC brigade and by the powers invested in me by Brussels (or the loony left, take your pick) I herby rectify the title of this thread.

smiley - rainbow

Firefighters Fined

Post 13

Rod

more like Firefighter's find

Firefighters Fined

Post 14

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

However, they *were* all men smiley - run

Firefighters Fined

Post 15

Hoovooloo

What sort of worthless scum have sex in a public place and then complain when caught? PUBLIC place, people.

What sort of people complain, not to the police (who would, one hopes, have arrested them for admitted illegal activity), but to a frickin AIDS charity?

Plus, story says it happened at 10:30pm on June 27th. That close to the solstice, it's light enough to read a book at that time of night. So here we have some people having sex in public, in reasonable *daylight*, and when a member of the emergency services shines a torch on them, THEY are the ones disciplined? I mean, wtf?

WHY haven't the complainants been arrested and charged? Presumably the AIDS charity passed on their details to the police...? Yeah right.

SoRB

Firefighters Fined

Post 16

Stealth "Jack" Azathoth

Unless the person that reported what the firefighters were doing also told the THT that he was indeed one of the people having sex in public what cause would they have to pass his details onto any authority?

Firefighters Fined

Post 17

I'm all for the people have sex in public being arrested, etc. - but how , SoRB, does that exonerate the the fire-people?

Firefighters Fined

Post 18

kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

Yeah, the issue isn't that someone got caught having sex outside, it's that the firefighters used their job to practice homophobia.

Firefighters Fined

Post 19

McKay The Disorganised

It's homophobic to interupt someone committing a crime ? smiley - yikes

smiley - cider

Firefighters Fined

Post 20

Stealth "Jack" Azathoth

The firefighters didn't go a for a joyride in their appliance to spot known to frequented by straight folk did they?

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more