A Conversation for Why go to a church to worship?

Alternative Writing Workshop: A1140120 - Why go to a church to worship?

Post 1

reg/petro

Entry: Why go to a church to worship? - A1140120
Author: reg/petro - U225598

Why go inside of a building to worship a "God", when nature is supposed to be Gods creation, not a church?

A1140120 - Why go to a church to worship?

Post 2

nadia

well this fell through the cracks and reg/petro seems to have elvised.

It is a fairly simple idea which I think could have been steered into a good article, with some more detail and a bit of spit and elbowgrease. Shame smiley - sadface

Since this can't be worked on I think it should be moved.

Speckly.

Post 3

J

This piece does make a good point. It explains it rather well and clearly too, I think.

Indeed a shame. It might've blossomed into a great piece. Well, it's been known to happen.

Seconded. smiley - smiley

smiley - blacksheep

Post 4

Apollyon - Grammar Fascist

I'm not quite sure what speckly and Jodan are talking about, but I admit that this question has been bugging me for some time. Last time I was in church, it was crowded so I was standing outside, and I got a far better sense of God by looking at a tree than at the priest. To quote the movie Stigmata (and supposedly the Gospel of St. Thomas): "The Kingdom of God is inside you and all around you, not in builings of wood and stone."

Key: Complain about this post

Alternative Writing Workshop: A1140120 - Why go to a church to worship?

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more