A Conversation for Santa Barbara, California, USA

Paradise

Post 1

tdavide

As the Eagles warned us, be careful about calling a place paradise, but I must admit, you are not far from the truth. Three important features you inadvertantly forgot to mention: Joe's Cafe on lower State Street where the ghosts of 1920's politicos making water deals float around the 20 foot ceiling, the Valley Club of Montecito that you can't play and neither can I (although in the early 70's it was possible for a college student to walk on late on a Sunday afternoon without adverse consequences), and McConnell's of Santa Barbara Ice Cream.

Paradise

Post 2

PANAMA

What about the magnificent courthouse, Stearn's Wharf, the excellent natural history museum, and upper State Street where the really good restaurants are. (Joe's Cafe. Don't make me laugh.)

Paradise

Post 3

nexxus_006

Check out the James Joyce pub on State St.
This is a great place to stop in for a pint.

Paradise

Post 4

Ssubnel...took his ball and went home

I love the Palace Cafe on Cota off of State. Nothing better than an Amber Voodoo on a sunny afternoon while eating jambalya west of the Mississippi.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Santa Barbara, California, USA

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more