This is the Message Centre for MMF - Keeper of Mustelids, with added P.M.A., is now in a relationship.

MMF's NaJoPoMo. Day 3.

Post 1

MMF - Keeper of Mustelids, with added P.M.A., is now in a relationship.

I find it difficult to write my Journal on the day in question, so I'm writing it the day after, if that's smiley - ok?

So yesterday was overcast but mild and I had planned a number of things, but my Sister was coming to help me tidy the flat. smiley - bleep these legs. They do make certain tasks difficult. And one is getting to the back of cupboards, especially at ground level.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. The first chore was taking out the recycling. How does it accumulate so quickly?

Next was washing up, followed by a bite to eat. When my Sister calls, it is normally followed by a visit to the local, early, and tends to last until closing. smiley - drunk and smiley - ill can be the result.\

Next was pursuing Parcelforce to track down a lens from Japan. It was held up at Customs. £50 excise to pay. Not good! smiley - sadface, and was also going to my old address! Finally got it sorted.

Sister arrived about 18.00. Luckily the afternoon's rain had stopped, so she arrived dry. Now for the hard work, or at least, hard on her part.

We were tackling the cupboards under the sink. So much 'stuff'. Mainly because there were duplicates from both Mum and I moving at the same time. 10 bottles go detergent, umpteen cloths, cleaning agents etc. Unbelievable. It resulted in 2 bin bags being got rid of, and finding my food processor accessories, along with my steamer, so Winter meals are good to go, but couldn't find the stick-blender blades. smiley - sadface

Two hours later, and we're done. So we went to my local for an smiley - ale or 3. While there a friend who I'd not seen in ages, came in. I'd thought it had been 2 years or thereabouts, but was actually 6! He'd moved to Bradford, had a car jockey job, and a girlfriend. Came back twice a year to see an elderly friend who's now virtually bed-bound. Very pleasant. And yes, I did stay longer than expected, so smiley - headhurts expected...

MMF

smiley - musicalnote

MMF's NaJoPoMo. Day 3.

Post 2

Deep Doo Doo

It's never easy writing a journal while you are enjoying yourself in the pub, is it? smiley - biggrin

Good plan to do a follow-up the day after!

Did you expect the duty on the lens from Japan? Sometimes you may get away with it, but invariably you don't. smiley - winkeye

Care to share the spec's on the lens? I'm assuming it's for photgraphic purposes rather than spying on the buxom-blond from over yonder...

MMF's NaJoPoMo. Day 3.

Post 3

MMF - Keeper of Mustelids, with added P.M.A., is now in a relationship.

smiley - laugh Already purchased the telephoto. But as the new block of flats aren't completed yet, I have a long wait.

It's a Macro lens, and no, the fee was unexpected, and frustrating.

I've purchased a Canon 1:1 MACRO LENS EF 100mm f/2.8 Lens, normal retail £750.

I was going to buy a Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 USM Macro Lens,around £400, but seemed a better spec.

The Japanese lens still proves good value, as best price I could find, in the UK was £415.

Hope to collect tomorrow.

MMF

smiley - musicalnote

MMF's NaJoPoMo. Day 3.

Post 4

hellboundforjoy

smiley - devil

MMF's NaJoPoMo. Day 3.

Post 5

fluffykerfuffle

"as the new block of flats aren't completed yet, I have a long wait."

Not necessarily smiley - doh

There may be a liberated female construction worker or two over there

or three smiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for MMF - Keeper of Mustelids, with added P.M.A., is now in a relationship.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more