This is the Message Centre for frenchbean

Christmas Rant No. 2

Post 1

frenchbean

Christmas cards from people at work smiley - headhurts
WHY?????

Oh and Christmas Rant No. 2 1/2
Christmas cards from people I haven't heard from all year, that say "Love from *soandso*" smiley - huh

I'm not doing Christmas cards at all this year smiley - ok

Christmas Rant No. 2

Post 2

JulesK

smiley - whistle humbug...smiley - whistle

Actually, I agree with the work one. I don't send any to people I will see - all my cards have to need a stamp.

I suppose you do get a few from people you only hear from at this time - not many though for me - and then you normally get a newsy letter too, which brings you up to date. They're like yearly relationships!

Jules smiley - cracker

Christmas Rant No. 2

Post 3

frenchbean

Ah now, I absolutely don't mind the newsy cards smiley - ok That's fine smiley - smiley

It's the ones that just have "love from soandso" inside that irritate me.

I'm trying hard from now on not to be as bah humbuggish as I usually am smiley - sigh

smiley - laugh

Christmas Rant No. 2

Post 4

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

I tend to agree, Fb. This year, I've only sent work Christmas cards to my team - usually I sent them to all sorts of other people. This year, I was so busy, I thought 'to hell with it'.

smiley - fishsmiley - musicalnote

Christmas Rant No. 2

Post 5

Pimms

smiley - ok I agree with you Haricot! No point sending something that just has a name scribbled at the bottom, as if you'll treasure and appreciate that money has been spent on a card.

In my place of work there has been an irritating alternative to sending cards. It started out reasonably - an e-mail to everyone saying a few people wouldn't be sending cards this year but instead giving a donation to a charity. But then other people joined in, and the blitzed e-mail has been sent over and over again each time with a name or two more on smiley - grr

Humbug. I haven't sent a work e-mail or donated to their charity.

Pimmsagrump smiley - sadface
(I have made charitable donations but I resent being cajoled into it or bragging about it)

Merry Christmas smiley - holly Your last with cold weather?

Christmas Rant No. 2

Post 6

frenchbean

smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for frenchbean

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more