This is the Message Centre for frenchbean

London wedding

Post 1

frenchbean

It was a hoot smiley - laugh I haven't been to a wedding since.... smiley - erm....smiley - erm.... mine! smiley - yikes and I really enjoyed it.

It was hardly the most conventional affair, in a pub in Greenwich, the bride dressed in YELLOW and PURPLE smiley - rofl and the groom wearing a rude tshirt. But I still managed to cry at the crucial moment smiley - cry You know the bit, when they're told they're now husband and wife smiley - crysmiley - wahsmiley - wah

Then there was a free bar for a couple of hours, so I soon lost my inhibitions about not knowing anybody except the bride and groom smiley - oksmiley - drunk and began to have a damn good time.

Back to their roof garden for the rest of the evening. More drink and lots of food that we'd prepared earlier (thank you Blue Peter). The skimpy dress went down a treat smiley - smiley and was more than enough to wear on such a warm day. I was propositioned by several men and had more kisses than I've had for the whole of the last five years smiley - laugh

The smiley - diva body and the backless dress worked a treat smiley - flyhismiley - somersault My ego is enormously boosted and I'm almost dried out, two days later! smiley - laughsmiley - hangover

The only downside to the event was that it was in London. I was so glad to get home to peaceful Perthshire after two nights in the smelly, noisy city smiley - smiley

London wedding

Post 2

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

You've been to Greenwich, Fb? Was it the Trafalgar Tavern? (Nice view of the Thames!)

Sounds as though you had a great time!

smiley - fishsmiley - musicalnote

London wedding

Post 3

Websailor

Hi, Fb,

Glad you had a good time and I hope you don't have too much of a smiley - hangoversmiley - huh

Weddings sure ain't wot they used to be, but we should be glad people are STILL getting married. The reason to tie the knot seem to get less and less with each year smiley - sadface

I knew the dress would go down well smiley - applausesmiley - disco and I knew you would be glad to get back to Scotland. I hate London.

Haven't heard if my son is back from bonny Scotland yet. He could have fallen in the loch or the distillery for all I know smiley - rofl but that's sons for you smiley - smiley

ttfn,

Websailor
smiley - dragon

London wedding

Post 4

frenchbean

Yes, it was the Trafalgar Tavern ZSF smiley - ok Great place and good views smiley - smiley

You gotta hope for your son's sake it's the distillery Websailor smiley - laugh The lochs are smiley - bleep cold smiley - rofl

Fbsmiley - starsmiley - starsmiley - starsmiley - starsmiley - star

London wedding

Post 5

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

Lucky guess! Lovely place, though and great views! I've been on a couple of training courses there. On one occasion I was around an hour and a half late because of solid traffic in Charlton smiley - blue. I wasn't the only one! Glad you had a great time, though - and looking slinky.

smiley - ermat was it you said the happy couple were wearing!

London wedding

Post 6

frenchbean

My friends are wonderfully extrovert smiley - smiley And they're one of those couples who are *supposed* to be together. You know what I mean? That extra thing is there that makes them Right smiley - ok

I was positively conventionally dressed smiley - laugh

London wedding

Post 7

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

Yellow and purple - the thought makes my eyes water. She will have had to have had a certain elan to carry that off. Was it a dress?

London wedding

Post 8

frenchbean

Well, what there was of it was a dress smiley - laughsmiley - laugh

Honestly, I never thought I'd be in a situation where I'd see Londoners surprised at somebody's clothing smiley - rofl And it wasn't just the bride's frock; it was also the white writing on the groom's black tshirt... Oh crikey, I'm going to offend somebody here "Smother me in chocolate and throw me to the lesbians". They are very precious friends. Barking mad. But adorable smiley - laughsmiley - magic

smiley - somersault

London wedding

Post 9

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

What there was of it? Ah - it was that skimpy? smiley - laugh

Sounds as though you made a big impression in your dress too - lots of attention and kisses. smiley - magic I'm sure you deserved every one of them. smiley - diva

London wedding

Post 10

frenchbean

Thank you ZSF smiley - hug

I still don't feel like a smiley - diva Too many years of being overweight I guess smiley - sadface But so long as I've got good mirrors around me, I'm reassured that I really have lost all that weight and that I'm looking good. It's also one of the (many) downsides of living alone.

smiley - somersault

London wedding

Post 11

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

Fb,

I've just been looking at some pictures of our holiday. I really don't like having my photo taken. I don't like smiling because my teeth are a bit crooked (all my canine teeth stand out). I've noticed that as the holiday went by the photos of me got better - probably because I was more relaxed. The worse I feel about being photographed, the worse the photographs come out.

Similar for you, it would seem. Enjoy your new foxy body!

London wedding

Post 12

Websailor

Oh, smiley - fishsmiley - musicalnote

Your message was such a relief. I have just come back from the dentist having had two fillings, and arranged to go and have some crooked teeth removed in September. I too do not like smiling as my top ones stick out and the fillings make them look even greyer than they are. I shall need my hand holding then smiley - wah I hope the false ones make me look more normal. I should have chosen smiley - witch instead of smiley - dragon for my sign off smiley smiley - sadface.

The other painful thing is the cost - an arm and a leg is an understatement smiley - grrsmiley - steam

Fb, keep looking in the mirror. You are beautiful, and if you don't believe it, how do you expect anyone else to know it smiley - huh

Incidentally living alone can be no worse than having a husband who never notices what you look like, or how you feel. Any attempt to dress nicely is met with indifference, and new clothes are a "waste of money" as are hairdos. Is it any wonder I have difficulty losing weight? The only incentive is my own health.

Still while we have friends on h2g2 what does it matter smiley - biggrin I am still walking and making progress and no weight has gone on, even though little has come off.

Bye for now,
Websailor
smiley - dragon or smiley - witchsmiley - cheers

London wedding

Post 13

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

Oh, Websailor smiley - dragon - the pressure to be perfect! I investigated the cost of having my teeth straightened and was told it would cost around £2k! Frightening. I'm thinking about it, though. It would be so much nicer if I could learn to relax more. The photos at the end of my holiday when I was more relaxed were more flattering. I have a colleague at work who hates having her photo taken because of one of her teeth. She always looks as though she's cringing in the photos, as she is so uncomfortable being photographed.

Let me know how you get on. It's the cost that's putting me off.

London wedding

Post 14

Pimms

A confident smile can do wonders for your outlook on life. I know a cosmetic dentist (who practices in Hertfordshire) if you want a seond opinion on cost.

Pimms smiley - biggrin

London wedding

Post 15

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

I'd be interested, Pimms! smiley - oksmiley - smiley I only really notice it in photos - I don't think I'm that selfconscious in everyday life.

When I was a teenager, it was a dreadful thing to have braces. Nowadays, it seems normal. My dentist never suggested I needed one at the time.

London wedding

Post 16

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

I found this about looking and feeling good;

http://www.channel4.com/health/microsites/L/lust4life/change_your_mind/chng_mind_body.html

London wedding

Post 17

frenchbean

I was told a simple thing years ago, when I was in counselling and needed to boost my self-image and positive outlook.

I laugh at myself in the mirror every morning smiley - laugh These days it's usually a glancing look and a big grin - as I rush for the shower and work. But when I first did it, my counsellor recommended I stood in front of the mirror and laughed out loud for 30 seconds smiley - weirdsmiley - silly

It really felt very odd initially and I was very self-concious about it. But it honestly worked smiley - wowsmiley - biggrin It's one of the best ways to start the day - with a smiley - smileysmiley - laughsmiley - rofl - especially at my own expense smiley - ok

smiley - somersault

Key: Complain about this post