This is the Message Centre for Icy North

Job Title of the Week

Post 1

Icy North

If you work in butterfly conservation, there's a fair chance you may have an interesting job title. Today I spotted this one for a "Small Blue Project Officer":

http://www.countryside-jobs.com/Jobs/June17/surrey-small-blue-project-officer-butterfly-conservation-2605_6.html

Sadly, I'm not qualified, but I'm still on the lookout for a "Large Pink IT Manager"

smiley - bluebutterfly

Job Title of the Week

Post 2

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - snork

I want one for a 'Lesser Spotted History Writer'.

The steel corporation promoted my dad from his job as Chief Drawing Room Engineer to 'Plant Manager', which meant he ran the whole outfit in another city.

I told him he sounded like the head janitor. smiley - winkeye

Job Title of the Week

Post 3

You can call me TC

Or a junior gardener.

Job Title of the Week

Post 4

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I think the butterflies should have a representative on the hiring committee, to see how well the candidate can get along with beings of the lepidopteran persuasion.

Job Title of the Week

Post 5

Icy North

Good thinking. They wouldn't want some fly-by-night character in charge, although the moths might have something to say about that.

Job Title of the Week

Post 6

Such as the New Jersey Tea Inchworm? smiley - tongueout

New Jersey Tea is a bush with flavorful leaves. The American colonists used to the leaves to make tea when they were grieving Britain's Tea tax. I have some new Jersey Tea on my porch in a pot, because a rabbit defoliated it the other day. Once its leaves have grown back, I'll decide whether to move it.

Please don't let the New Jersey Tea Inchworms know I have it. smiley - shhh

Job Title of the Week

Post 7

Here's a link:

http://www.mass.gov/eea/docs/dfg/nhesp/species-and-conservation/nhfacts/apodrepanulatrix-liberaria.pdf

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Icy North

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more