This is the Message Centre for Obscure

Gin and Tonic

Post 1

Obscure

Can anyone think of a finer, nay, grander, beverage than gin.
Drip feed me, let me have my own ocean of gin and tonic and I will happily float around, prune like in it.
Of all the gins Plymouth must be the best. Any body dissagree................right I'll dispatch the Bugblatter beast of Traal to sort you out mate.

Gin and Tonic

Post 2

kat

thought obscure might enjoy this quote from one of dna's books "I decided i was a lemon for a couple of weeks. I kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Gin and Tonic

Post 3

Obscure

Why thankyou Kat, I had forgotten that one, I am busy re-reading the famous trilogy in 5 parts, but I keep having to put it down to refill my glass.

Gin and Tonic

Post 4

kat

no problem, although after reading your entries at the airport check-in desk forum i can't help thinking you are having a bit too much of the drink smiley - smiley. ah well

Gin and Tonic

Post 5

Obscure

Fun in fantasy land, I'm rather fond of the airport sketch, it has become a hotbed of absurdities.
One of lifes little pleasures, no matter the size of the glass.
we could talk about other things such as the weather or, or, or, gin nad tonic.

An ambulance has just pulled up outside, and some men in white coats are getting out of it.
They appear to entering my office, they do not look altogether friendly.1324aw6xdutfcyihj k;jml,;//------------

Gin and Tonic

Post 6

kat

don't let them take you obscure, never say die. you are the world. live and let live. the blue poop spins slowly.

Gin and Tonic

Post 7

Obscure

I managed to escape, utilising my teeth to bite through the strait jacket, then a Bruce Lee impression, that had my captors in stitches.
While they rolling around on the floor I mad good my escape in the Bluemeaniemobile.

Gin and Tonic

Post 8

spike

Aha.. a fellow gin drinker.
three years ago, whilst at police training college (by the way, I have subsequently left the police, but not because of gin) My consumption of gin ant tonic reached grand scale, becoming a trademark for myself. however one night in the bar, my face turned purple and blotchy(seriously) and felt hot to the touch..this was no ordinary flush, were talking really dark purple here o.k.

To the upmost amusement of my mates, I hurried to the bog's to look in the mirror, and too true, there it was..I was gobsmacked..I thought "Kidneys?...liver?..what??" naturally I stopped drinking gin there and then, a year or so later I tried gin again and hey presto..purple.. Allergic to my favorite drink!! torture, I used to sit and watch other drink it, with such envy it hurt.

six months ago I tried it again at a party, and to my upmost pleasure, no reaction..GET IN THERE!!!!
So I am gently re introducing my body to gin..praying I never react like that again.
imagine becoming allergic to one of lifes great pleasures?

Gin and Tonic

Post 9

Obscure

Welcome home. The gin world has not been the same.
There appears to be a nigglysmidgit gnawing on my mouse.

Gin and Tonic

Post 10

kat

i've always wanted a smiley - smiley nigglysmigit

Gin and Tonic

Post 11

Obscure

As soon as I can figure out how to upload a nigglysmidgit through the web, their yours. By the same token, if this does become possible, can you imagine the online parties that could be had, yet alone al sorts of other naughty things.
Its time for the return of..........

Gin and Tonic

Post 12

Obscure

little, white, furry mice!

Gin and Tonic

Post 13

Researcher FOX

Squiek 42 squiek hic 4444222 sshiqquuikkkkk hic!!

Gin and Tonic

Post 14

Obscure

Ah, but what, hic, was the quesssssstion, hic

Gin and Tonic

Post 15

Panda

Someone has hidden all the lemons and it's just not the same without

Gin and Tonic

Post 16

Obscure

How dare they, but as a stop gap, cucumber (english) is wonderfully refreshing In a G&T, try It, I think you will be pleasantly suprised.

Gin and Tonic

Post 17

marvthegrate LtG KEA

How about a teist of lime? I like to do that.

Gin and Tonic

Post 18

Obscure

Marv, your getting around a bit these days, or is It just the spirit, or spirits that inhabit you? Get back to me when you have tried cucumber in your G&T. Trust me....

Gin and Tonic

Post 19

Santragenius V

I don't know, really don't, why it took me so long to find this forum...

"Can anyone think of a finer, nay, grander, beverage than gin"
No, absolutely not!

"Drip feed me, let me have my own ocean of gin and tonic and I will happily float around, prune like in it"
Hear, hear!

"Of all the gins Plymouth must be the best....."
Hmmm, no - Tanqueray!

*waits for the uproar, ready to duck*

BTW, have you seen the article about how to make a true G&T (at http://www.h2g2.com/A76213)? I do believe the guy has a point - if not them all...

Best,

SG V

Gin and Tonic

Post 20

Obscure

an excellent instruction manual. You must seek out Plymouth gin naval strength. Then let me know your conclusions

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Obscure

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more