This is the Message Centre for NuclearConfusion -Not a lot of money in the revenge business

Strange kind of day...

Post 1

NuclearConfusion -Not a lot of money in the revenge business

It's been a strange day.
Woke up with a really bad neck ache.

And while I was doing the laundry, I checked the mail...
http://public.fotki.com/LadyPennywhistle/dan-gets-a-present-/

Clickety to continue.
Click the first picture, then click the pic to move forward in the story.

As for the rest of things, got back from Israel at the end of February, and my grandfather died early March, so been busy trying to be helpful.

Looking into going to school, and other than that, just existing between strange moments that seem to define my life.

I'm done writing by now, so you may as well go back up and click the link. Go ahead. Nothing bad'll happen...

Strange kind of day...

Post 2

Rev Nick { Only the dead are without fear }

You do receive much more "novel" mail than we do. smiley - laugh

Strange kind of day...

Post 3

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Going through the photos right now--is the tea light scented? Must have more infosmiley - laugh

Strange kind of day...

Post 4

smiley - groan
Thanks, Nick.

Tea? ...I don't recall getting tea, Amy. Got just about everything else, though.
Wha?

Strange kind of day...

Post 5

Jeez guy, don't you know any other women? A tea-light is a small candle, typically in a tin tray. smiley - rolleyes

Strange kind of day...

Post 6

Well, I really don't know all that many women, and for sure I had no idea they'd call a candle a tea light.

What next? Call the other candles tapers? Pfft.

Anyway, to your query, I can't smell anything, but the box was full of strange smells to begin with, and I've never had all that great a sense of smell.

But it wouldn't surprise me if that 'tea light' had any aroma you could imagine. Or especially some you wouldn't want to...

Strange kind of day...

Post 7

Lady Pennywhistle - Back with a vengeance! [for a certain, limited value of Vengeance; actual amounts of Vengeance may vary]

I've never heard it called a 'tea light'. smiley - erm Why that name, anyway?

Strange kind of day...

Post 8

T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

Because they were/are used in "Tea warmers" to keep a pot of tea warm.

smiley - cheers

Strange kind of day...

Post 9

Thanks, TB, ... I couldn't find an answer. And my missus peddled a LOT of those things (and others) for a few years.

Strange kind of day...

Post 10

Lady Pennywhistle - Back with a vengeance! [for a certain, limited value of Vengeance; actual amounts of Vengeance may vary]

Aha. Well, I guess that's why we don't call them that - because we don't use them for keeping tea warm. smiley - ok Thanks for the info TB.

Strange kind of day...

Post 11

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

smiley - ta TB--I would've just said something along the lines of, 'Because that's what they're called'smiley - winkeye

Strange kind of day...

Post 12

...a little too knowledgeable, indeed.
Only Martha Stewart should know such things.

...did she send you to spy on me?

Key: Complain about this post