This is the Message Centre for Wowbagger

Brisbane, Australia

Post 1

Wowbagger

Brisbane is the capital city of Queensland, Australia. Constantly ridiculed by other cities such as Sydney or Melbourne (but not as much as, say, Adelaide or Hobart) Brisbane has described as "a large country town", "completely unsophisticated" and "totally dead after 9pm". Brisbane people are always curious about these taunts, because the people who make them seem to be the ones moving up to the area.

On the whole, Brisbane is a city that is just discovering that coffee is something good to drink, and travellers can't go anywhere in the city without tripping over the many coffee shops, cafes and mini restraunts that have sprouted from seemingly nowhere. Scientists have yet to explain the cause of this phenomenon and many latte-based invesigations are currently underway.

Which brings up another thing that people from Sydney or Melbourne (or overseas visitors from a colder climate) cannot seem to comprehend: Brisbane people seem to do things outside of buildings. Alcohol is consumed in things called "beer gardens", an enclosed area outside of the building where groups of what are loosely called musicians play "covers" of songs that other people played much better, while others stand, drink, listen and hurl abuse.

Food is usually eaten on the footpath as well, but alcohol is the real substance consumed in Queensland, as most hitch-hikers find out to their surprise and enjoyment.

For leisure, the people of Brisbane leave, and drive for 2 hours to one of the many beaches nearby, which are among the best in the world. For sport they poke fun at people from New South Wales and for a good time they become borderline alcoholics.

Brisbane, Australia

Post 2

Fenchurch M. Mercury

You mean the cafes and attacking Australia, too?? This has got to stop.

Why didn't you submit this? It's very good...

Brisbane, Australia

Post 3

Guru

That's whatn i was thinking. You know pasty? they've got a cool one about philosophers which they haven't submitted. (there's two of them - that's so cool!)

Brisbane, Australia

Post 4

Fenchurch M. Mercury

Yeah, I was just looking at the rounders pictures and I saw Pastey 1 & 2.. Erg they were all so happy and cheery, those rounders people, Why oh why am I the only h2g2 person in my city??? I'll go see their article, though, thanks.

Brisbane, Australia

Post 5

Wowbagger

Thank you both for your kind words. I might just do this.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Wowbagger

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more