This is the Message Centre for Mr. Carrot

And counting...

Post 1

Mr. Carrot

I have now only got five hours and sixteen minutes left of my life as a youngster... Pretty soon, the world will have passed eighteen times around the sun since the time of my birth...

If I was living in Australia, I would allready be eighteen, because of the time-difference... Think of that, eh?smiley - biggrin

Anyway, this has inspired me into pondering about the special significance this day will have to me...

Officially, I will now be allowed/forced to drink, get a driver's license, smoke, pay taxes, pay extra high fares on the bus/train .

Since I don't do any of the above, for various reasons (I get student discounts on the train and I have a student card at the bus, in case you were wondering), It doesn't really matter too much. Tomorrow won't change my reality noticeably, I'll still have to take the same tests and deliver the same tasks as everyone else. I'm generally still the same person on the fifteenth of January as I was on the fourteenth.

On the plus side, though, I will get loads of cake and presents in the days to come... So all in all, celebrating an arbitrary date with no real significance whatsoever isn't all too bad. Even though the day in itself is pointless...

smiley - towel

And counting...

Post 2

darakat - Now with pockets!

Turning 18 is like truning any other age only spelt diffrently

And counting...

Post 3

Tacysa

lets see...we can drive at 16, cant drink until 21, and can vote at 18. happy birthday! eat much cake...and listen to much CAKE...

And counting...

Post 4

darakat - Now with pockets!

We can do anything at 16 execpt drink and vote and a 18 we can vote and drink, 21 doesn't mean anything.

And counting...

Post 5

Tiara.Kitten*Valentine Cat*

Me again!smiley - smiley

yeah Oyvind how come you said you can now smoke and get a driver's licence? There's different laws in Norway? "Claire realises her sheer ignorance"

Claire
xxxxxx

And counting...

Post 6

Mr. Carrot

Hi!smiley - smiley

Yup... we have to be eighteen to get a driver's license, adn eighteen to buy cigarettes... Not that we don't start before that, though...smiley - winkeye

And counting...

Post 7

Tacysa

smiley - laugh

And counting...

Post 8

Mr. Carrot

I'm currently following up on the "listen to much CAKE"-advice...smiley - musicalnote

And counting...

Post 9

Tacysa

I just knew you would.

And counting...

Post 10

and Dream Theater too i hope...?smiley - smiley

And counting...

Post 11

Mr. Carrot

Indeed... It all depends on my mood. Dream Theater can be healthy some times and downright dangerous in the wrong circumstances.

And counting...

Post 12

"Claire remembers a music magazines description of Dream Theater *American Goth-rockers*"

yeah DT's gonna have a right wild moshpit aren't they?

And counting...

Post 13

"Claire realises Oyvind is talking about listeing to DT, not going to see them"... that's next week.smiley - smiley

And counting...

Post 14

Tacysa

youre going to see them?

And counting...

Post 15

Mr. Carrot

Well, I'm going to see a gig... I don't think I'm going to get to meet them, if that's what you mean.

I dunno if I would call 'em goth rockers, at least not over here... But like I said, their music is very heavy, and yeah, probably, but I'm likely to find myself a comfortable spot a wee bit away from the stage, where the worst pushing is bound to happen...

And counting...

Post 16

oh go on get right in there if you're well enough! Note: If there are crowd-surfers... duck! These days i practically sit on the ground if there are crowd-surfers because when i went to see Something Corporate(that was the night i also saw Span) i got hit hard on the head by some stupid guy who was crowd-surfing and the next day in school i couldn't spell! Im not even kidding... i couldn't spell "continuos" or "invincible". Plus i would pick up my bag and then circle the table looking for it... oh and i also gave my folder to my friend to put in her locker then half an hour later i was fretting because i thought i'd lost it... im not usually that dizzy... honest...smiley - blush

Claire
xxxxxx

And counting...

Post 17

Tacysa

Just don't stand right next to the speaker. Ouch, you must have been bonked on the head HARD!

And counting...

Post 18

Mr. Carrot

I'll be careful, sure enough. So half a year gone since then and you still can't spell continuous (you just mispelled it in your postingsmiley - winkeye), oh my, that was a hard hit indeed... just kidding smiley - tongueout. Sounds horrid though. And don't worry, I certainly won't stand next to the speaker... And I'll prolly use my ear-protection, even though it makes me look like a complete idiot...smiley - biggrin

Øyvind

And counting...

Post 19

Tacysa

I really thought drummers were supposed to be immune to loud. *shakes head* A drummer wearing ear protection. smiley - tongueout

And counting...

Post 20

i realised after i logged out that i had spelt it wrong because it was written on one of the music channels!lol... however the digibox failed me yet again so i couldn't rectify the situation before you jumped in!

Claire
xxxxxx

Key: Complain about this post