This is the Message Centre for Opticalillusion- media mynx life would be boring without hiccups

ireland

Post 1

Opticalillusion- media mynx life would be boring without hiccups

what should a lass do in ireland?

ireland

Post 2

bobstafford

Hi opti
What do you want to do. If you cant be good be careful smiley - smiley

ireland

Post 3

Skankyrich [?]

Which part are you going to, Opti? It's a big place smiley - smiley

ireland

Post 4

ditzyblonde...the girl who loves to eat, drink and be merry....

Are you holidaying Opti? In terms of scenery the west coast cant be beat. Dublin is very cosmopolitan , Cork probably not so much. Places like Kinsale and Skibbereen are lovely. we are going to a place called Glengarrif, Bantry Bay at Easter, walking, cycling country. My father in law (who died 5 years ago) was irish so we had many many holidays there.smiley - smiley

ireland

Post 5

Dublin is East coast and not as scenic I think

ireland

Post 6

Visiting the South, thats everything except northern ireland smiley - winkeye
Not sure what to do so far think walks, tourist places and listening to live music float my boat. Go on please inspire me on what to do.

ireland

Post 7

when are you going opti?
Cork is a buzzy place and maybe cheaper than Dublin? You can get really cheap flights with Ryan Air and Aer Lingus do great deals too. If you want to be based in one place we booked a house Easter week thru Shamrock Cottages,,,check out their website. Or else go to the Irish Tourist Board site ..they will have all the info you need...dont forget wet weather gear when you go....smiley - smiley

ireland

Post 8

I'd rather not like to say for obvious reasons
We've decided to take the ferry and drive over smiley - smiley
smiley - ta for the help in where to stay ... I take it Ireland's not for pansies then...thats why they have the four leaved clover instead smiley - winkeye Not many brochures on the place is there.

ireland

Post 9

Just go to teh website and contact the tourist board. They will then send you maps, books with bed and breakfasts , hotels etc etc in.smiley - smiley

ireland

Post 10

done smiley - smiley

ireland

Post 11

Have a lovely visit. We are really looking forward to going. Not long now! OK 6 weeks but something really nice to look forward to.smiley - smiley

ireland

Post 12

see you in 6 weeks time then smiley - smiley

ireland

Post 13

You aill love it I promise...a very relaxed nation. Mind you it took me years of visits to get into their way of being laid back..just go with the flow!smiley - cool

ireland

Post 14

cereusopus

Describe it with your gifted hand,
Paint it with an artist's comb,
How blue seems the sky of Ireland,
For so long I've been away from home,
Too long now since I've been gone
smiley - aleCereusOpus

ireland

Post 15

Not long now smiley - smiley

Nice to hear from you ditzy. I'm glad its relaxing i do need some relaxation mind you i'd love a good knees up too with a ceilidh

I love your rhyme CereusOpus smiley - smiley am i to assume you hail from Ireland and know what to visit?

ireland

Post 16

We had a wonderful time there a couple of weeks ago. Went to the most beautiful place,....I could see the sea from my bedroom window! Didnt find much trad music where we were, bit oif a small place but gorgeous. Cycling , walking ,drinking and eating lovely toasted sandwiches in good pubs was the order of the day.Enjoy!

ireland

Post 17

smiley - ta ditzy just got my walking shoes. I can't believe how expensive things are today! So much so I've decided my bf is paying for the entire holiday. smiley - winkeye

ireland

Post 18

Good for you! Prices in Ireland are comparable with here. Have you rented a house?

ireland

Post 19

only during uni, but not in Ireland. In Ireland we intend to move about a bit, we may even sleep under the stars. smiley - winkeye

ireland

Post 20

The town we were in had a hostel, probably quite a few other places do too. It depends how extravagant you want to be! B & B is normally pretty cheap..sleeping under the stars...coo that will be chilly! When are you off? smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Opticalillusion- media mynx life would be boring without hiccups

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more