This is the Message Centre for aka Bel - A87832164

Email confusion

Post 21

broelan

Okay, so I have a question. I have three accounts all tied to one email. I kept my primary and lost the other two in BBCiD because they only allowed one account per email.

Any chance I'll ever be able to get them back? I can't change the email addresses on them because I don't have access anymore, and at any rate I don't have other email addresses to tie to them.

Email confusion

Post 22

Yes. This question we answered in the FAQs several weeks back. smiley - dontpanic

smiley - smiley
HN

Email confusion

Post 23

aka Bel - A87832164

Cheers, Happy Nerd. You beat me to it (I was still searching for the link to the FAQs. Broe, here it is anyway: http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/F21525517?thread=8244456

Email confusion

Post 24

toybox

>>I think once we've moved, I'll cancel my account with the Beeb.<<

Legend has it that someone has tried before. Surely you know what happened afterwards smiley - zen

Email confusion

Post 25

aka Bel - A87832164

Ah, but there won't be any h2g2 account to cancel. smiley - winkeye

Email confusion

Post 26

Lettuce spray.

Email confusion

Post 27

h5ringer

Bel I wouldn't be too quick to cancel your BBCid account - I shall be keeping mine. There are plenty of other places in the BBC's webpages where you might want to login and post a comment on a news article for example or to access a download. Don't be too hasty smiley - zen

Email confusion

Post 28

Icy North

Absolutely. I've just posted a BBC News comment myself. smiley - smiley

Email confusion

Post 29

aka Bel - A87832164

So far, I've only posted to two BBC blogs (Nick Reynolds' and the one about the MOT). Both were h2g2 related. I don't read any BBC message boards. I have no desire to comment there. I won't need a BBC account after h2g2 has moved. smiley - smiley

Email confusion

Post 30

toybox

I'll probably remove mine too, truth be told.

Email confusion

Post 31

I think I'll keep mine. I might just want to engage in a little online gloating once h2g2 really takes off.

Email confusion

Post 32

aka Bel - A87832164

smiley - biggrin

Email confusion

Post 33

You can call me TC

I'll keep it so I can retain my iplayer settings.

Email confusion

Post 34

aka Bel - A87832164

How do you make iplayer work in Germany?

Email confusion

Post 35

You can call me TC

Only for radio. I'm listening to it now.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for aka Bel - A87832164

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more