This is the Message Centre for aka Bel - A87832164

Meet Abby the hamster

Post 1

aka Bel - A87832164

In Germany, we celebrate Christmas on Christmas eve.
Since yesterday, we have a new member of the household:

Abby the smiley - hamster who looks very similar to the smiley.

She was a gift to son #2 from his girl friend.

We don't have a white Christmas, but pavements and roads were covered with a layer of ice wehn I sloid to work yesterday morning.

It's warmer now, but stormy.

My PC is being fixed (hopefully), and th net book is better than nothing but extremely tiring so I'll probably not be around much.

Have a merry Christmas all.

smiley - snowballsmiley - hollysmiley - crackersmiley - xmastreesmiley - xmaspudsmiley - snowman

Meet Abby the hamster

Post 2

Gnomon - time to move on

Happy Christmas, Bel, and I look forward to photographs of you and the hamster.

Meet Abby the hamster

Post 3

Sho - employed again!

*waves to Abby*

We had snow falling earlier, quite nice big fluffy flakes, but the ground is wet so it didn't settlee. It's +2°C now though and drizzling.

I hope you are enjoying some time off and aren't spending it all in the kitchen.
smiley - bubbly

Meet Abby the hamster

Post 4

aka Bel - A87832164

Gnomon, I ewon't dare to touch her - she bites. I'll try to get up a few photos of her once I have my PC back.

Sho, we'll go for a meal tomorrow, my husband cooked dinner yesterday, and we'll havge left-overs today, so there's just Sunday when I'll do some cooking. smiley - biggrin

smiley - bubbly

Meet Abby the hamster

Post 5

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Welcome to Abbysmiley - hamster

and happy celebrations to you allsmiley - cracker

smiley - mistletoe
smiley - smooch

Meet Abby the hamster

Post 6

aka Bel - A87832164

Chhers GB.

smiley - mistletoe
smiley - kiss

Meet Abby the hamster

Post 7

BMT

Oooh 'ello Abby. smiley - hamster

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and family Bel. smiley - smoochsmiley - spacesmiley - holly

smiley - cat

Meet Abby the hamster

Post 8

Elentari

Merry Christmas, Bel. smiley - santa

Meet Abby the hamster

Post 9

aka Bel - A87832164

Thanks peeps. smiley - smooch

Merry Christmas and all the best to you, too. smiley - bubbly

Meet Abby the hamster

Post 10

dragonqueen - eternally free and forever untamed - insomniac extraordinaire - proprietrix of a bullwhip, badger button and (partly) of a thoroughly used sub with a purple collar. Matron of Honour.

Frohe Weinachten!

(hope I got that correct...)

...and congrats to the furry family member smiley - hamster. Hopefully she won't keep you awake all night long. My cousin used to complain about her son's hamster running in its wheel all night long and keeping her awake.

smiley - dragon

Meet Abby the hamster

Post 11

aka Bel - A87832164

Nearly correct, but then I have no idea how to say that in swedish: God jul?

smiley - hamster is in son's room, so won't disturb me, but maybe him. smiley - evilgrin

Meet Abby the hamster

Post 12

Malabarista - now with added pony

Hullo, Abby. smiley - biggrin (Though perhaps she'd be happier with a second smiley - hamster!)

I used to have gerbils in my room. They didn't have a wheel, and I quickly got used to the burrowing. But the neighbours at my last flat had rats, in a cage in the living room - right on the wall where I had my bed, too. Those had a wheel, which squeaked horribly. And they were both deaf, so they didn't notice! I had to leave them a note every six months or so to ask them to please oil it so I could sleep smiley - laugh

Meet Abby the hamster

Post 13

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

If you had a second smiley - hamster, you would need a second cage - trust me on this, even siblings fight. (More solitary than gerbils.)

Hi, Abby. *waves* Supa trupa...smiley - whistle

And Merry Christmas to all!smiley - santa

Meet Abby the hamster

Post 14

aka Bel - A87832164

You're right, dmitri. We once had two hamsterrs, each had their own cage.

Meet Abby the hamster

Post 15

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

We opened presents. Elektra likes here...and I got a cooking apron of many colours.smiley - somersault

Just like Joseph, er, I think...smiley - rofl

Meet Abby the hamster

Post 16

Malabarista - now with added pony

I just have an amazing technicolor dreamcat smiley - winkeye

Meet Abby the hamster

Post 17

aka Bel - A87832164

That's a clever gift. You don't ruin your shirts and don't have to wash the apron often cos it's not white. smiley - laugh

Meet Abby the hamster

Post 18

You can call me TC

Happy Boxing Day, everyone - surprised so many of you are on line! I thought I'd have a quiet cuppa smiley - tea this morning and check out hootoo and some news websites while everyone's still in bed, but today they all seem to have got smiley - antsmiley - antsmiley - ant in their pants and are up early and running around, showering and generally making noises.

On reading the title of the thread, I thought they'd brought back another Italic of yore, but it seems someone has now got a real hamster! I hope you nor none of your family develop an allergy to her, B'El. Just enjoy her.

Meet Abby the hamster

Post 19

hstwrd

smiley - star Hope all of you had a happy Christmas. smiley - holly B'El, maybe little Abby will turn cuddly after she's gotten a look at her new folks.
Am up a little late to make sure all the smiley - xmaspudsmiley - redwinesmiley - cake etc... is digested.
We had a few flecks of snow also; not enough to really count. Guess I should be grateful. They say if the current snow in the US were spread evenly, it would be 4 inches coast to coast. (Interesting to think of snow everywhere. I wonder how they got that measurment?)

Meet Abby the hamster

Post 20

aka Bel - A87832164

Thanks, TC. smiley - smiley

We have had smiley - hamsters before, as well as a budgie, and none of us suffer from any allergies. (Actually, thats not entirely true, the husband seems to be allergic to some pollen - atchoo).

Key: Complain about this post