This is the Message Centre for aka Bel - A87832164

Doldrums

Post 1

courteousoptimist

Dear Ace,
There has been no activity on my contributions to H2G2 for 2 weeks. I am not looking for any accolades but I dont see any thing I can add to anything. I dont quite get the site as I am not a chatty person looking to kill time. There is a more serious side to me hence I was attracted to this site. Now I just pick up a few jokes from the joke sites for the office!smiley - winkeye
I did spend several hours putting my bits together and would like to know if I have done something to kill the process. You seem very into this site - hence your status - but I feel I am about to bow out.
Can/should you be disuading me?smiley - erm
If you visit my personal space or conversations you may see what I am getting at.
Thanks for reading this.smiley - sadface

Doldrums

Post 2

aka Bel - A87832164

Oh please, bear with us. Only a year ago, there weren't many submissions to Peer Review, so any entry more or less 'flew' through. But the site needs many entries to be written and submitted; so a couple of months ago, there were several appeals from fellow researchers to write more, read and review more.

The h2g2 Researchers Group A28763472 was the result of this.
So, since then, we've all made a huge effort and the <./>comingup</.> page is looking very healthy again.
However, this means that it takes much longer for entries to get through Peer Review than it did a while ago - there are so many entries, but only so many reviewers. So don't lose hope. smiley - zensmiley - tea

I've had a quick look at the PR threads for your entries. I would suggest that you post back there if you have addressed the suggestions made.
To make things easier to follow for everybody, it's usually a good idea to list all the suggestions (copy and paste), go through them point by point, and say what you've done. This may look a bit tedious, but lessens the chance of forgetting something, plus it shows that you have worked on your entry.

Oh, and addressing a point doesn't necessarily mean that you have to change everything. If you want to leave so´mething as it stands, say so and explain why.
Both your entries have had a good feedback, so you should definitely go on with them. smiley - ok

I hope this helps. smiley - smiley

Bel

smiley - somersault

Doldrums

Post 3

courteousoptimist

smiley - coolMany thnaks for your time again!
I have re wrtitten both submissions. I wondered if I hadn't put them back into Peer Review properly. They both incorporate the suggestions made and I was hoping for some feedback (good or bad) so I knew it had been acknowledged - but nothing is a bit disheartening.smiley - sadface
Thanks for the encouragement. I dont mind if my Submissions aren't accepted - I'm not a self publicist but some reaction along the way - good or bad- would be nice. smiley - biggrin
I wonder if wikipedia.org is taking over from this site??smiley - wah
Convince me otherwisesmiley - hug

Doldrums

Post 4

aka Bel - A87832164

Well, from the feedback you've got so far, I'm sure they will be accepted at some point. Posting back to say what you've done is always a good idea. Don't lose hope, please. It currently does take relatively long for an entry to be picked (i.e. suggested) by a scout. There are many entries, but only so many scouts - and even less subeditors. Today, I got two entries to sub-edit which have been accepted five weeks ago. When I started writing entries myself, it never took that long.
Personally, I've never considered publishing something on wikipedia - anybody can edit it. Your entries here can only be edited by yourself, and once they are included in the edited guide, there are only the eds and the curators who can - but they would only correct possible typos/grammar. There is the possibility to update an entry if needed, though.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for aka Bel - A87832164

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more