This is the Message Centre for beetle, return of

naah, I'm just a worm

Post 1

Kate

Hi!

Get your song requests for the great IG mix in now, my friend. I'm trying to do it in vague chronological order (by album) and trying to take no more than 4 songs from each (sometimes I'm failing miserably at that too - they're just too damned good!). I also botched the chronology a bit because I really wanted Kid Fears to be the first song. Ah well, what can you do. I'm guessing that I'll have some room on the fourth side (this is a four sided tape, don't ask) for stuff I forgot about/omitted due to space, etc. So if you have any absolute favorites now's the time smiley - smiley

Whee this is fun!!!

naah, I'm just a worm

Post 2

beetle, return of

Katharine, how could i pick? Unfair, it is. I will tell you which cd's i do have, and perhaps that will help you decide if i am missing something that i shouldn't be without. I only have 4 thanks to our friends at the car content removal buisness, Strange Fire, Self Titled, Indians Nomads Saints, and Swamp Ohpilia.

But don't tell me what's on it, suprise me.

naah, I'm just a worm

Post 3

Kate

A-ha, good to know! I won't tell you what's on it, but I will say that I still haven't warmed up entirely to Come On Now Social, so only three are going on from that (unless you have something on there that you absolutely must have!).

Can you just verify for me that I'm not missing any of the CDs? I have this weird feeling that I'm missing something (studio releases, not live ones, I have plenty of weird compilations of theirs - remember "4.5"?) -

Strange Fire, Self Titled, Indians Nomads Saints, Rites of Passage, Swamp Ophelia, Shaming of the Sun, Come On Now Social.

Am I missing something???

smiley - smiley

naah, I'm just a worm

Post 4

beetle, return of

You have the releases that are not live albums (back on the bus y'all, 1200 curfews). They have been guests on several local and national cd's like the Big Fish Ensamble cd i showed you in NYC. They were in the musical Jesus Christ Superstar which was released on a 2cd set. i looked it up, it can be found at http://www.cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver/SID=1883667066/pagename=/RP/CDN/FIND/album.html/artistid=VA-JESUS+CHRIST+SUPERSTAR-RESU/itemid=131979

If ever in doubt, you can check rock the net.com at http://www.rockonthenet.com/artists-i/indigogirls_main.htm

I still have yet to see them in concert, even as close as they were when i was growing up. I've even had some of the same teachers in high school.

naah, I'm just a worm

Post 5

Kate

*phew*

I have Back on the Bus Y'all and Curfews. I might wait to finish it until Liz gets back from her current trip to Colorado so that I can steal her New Mongrels CD and put a few of those on. I'm also throwing in...nah, I'll let you hear when it's done. I am by no means ever buying Jesus Christ Superstar; when I hear rock operas, even when performed by the Indigo Girls, I break out in hives. *shudders*

Not to rub it in, but Liz and I got tickets to see them in June. Next time I'll let you know in advance and maybe you can finally see them! smiley - smiley

naah, I'm just a worm

Post 6

Shim

*wanders past*

What's with the Labyrinth quote?

smiley - fish

naah, I'm just a worm

Post 7

beetle, return of

Good movie. Brian Froud. Pressed farie book.

*wanders off*

Han should be on his way this week. Must find box.

naah, I'm just a worm

Post 8

Kate

*prepares for the arrival of the great Han*

Your IG tapes should be coming...soon.

*goes to find working CD player*

naah, I'm just a worm

Post 9

beetle, return of

Did i mention i own 11 cd players, the oldest of which is 12 years old?

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for beetle, return of

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more