A Conversation for The Key to Getting a Balanced Diet

losing/gaining weight through diet

Post 1

shellocke

I am a firm believer that if you can eat your main meal of the day mid-afternoon then you should as that is when you will need the carbs and calories you are taking in.
Also I personally have just lost quite a lot of weight and I know that much of it is down to how much water I take in.
I find that if I drink a large glass of water before my meal I don't feel as hungry because the water fills me up to a certain extent and also that taking several glasses of water a day rather than tea and coffee has dramatically reduced my appetite, made me feel more energetic and I look better!
The one thing you should NEVER do is starve and binge as this is a sure fire way to slow your metabolism and ensure that your body goes into starvation mode meaning that you will gain weight.
I believe a healthy diet is possible whoever you are, eat slowly so you know when you're full, drink water and think about what you are putting inside you, there is no need for you to live on salads but maybe change to oven chips rather than fries and try not to have too much carbohydrate or fat at one sitting!
Also try to limit snacks to fruit and veg, they are REALLY tasty!

Post 2

Big Red

I'd like to echo that about water. I drink 10 glasses of noncaffeinated or nonalcoholic beverages per day (caffeine and alcohol being dehydrating). I've also read that thirst often expresses itself as hunger, so if you feel hungry, drink a glass of water first.

Post 3

Big Red

Oh, but I should hasten to add that I also love my smiley - redwine . I just be sure to drink moderately. Well, usually. smiley - blush

Post 4

Apollyon - Grammar Fascist

*thirst often expresses itself as hunger*
Not quite true, people just often mistake the two. I drink very little other than water and milk, with the occasional soft drink, usually Lucozade, which seems to be the least bad one for you. As well as the right food and drink, excercise is important - I didn't lose any weight due to excercise, but that is bcause muscle is heavier than fat lol.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more