This is the Message Centre for Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

New Survey

Post 1

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

On testing a local internet connection I got a new Survey.

(As usual a little ahead of any announcements smiley - biggrin)

New Survey

Post 2

Oh, and the return page has been a little improved, instead of dropping you to the BBC main page we get out in Alabaster frontpage.

Another improvement I have seen last Quik is the use of escape characters in RSS headers. Or in more plain language I have restored the   in my Nick Name smiley - biggrin. These gave an error upto last June.

New Survey

Post 3

Wendy RedredRobin

I think the love of makeovers has run from TV programming to the BBC home page. The results of a competition to design a "new look". It's now gone all pale blue..... but no survey for me smiley - erm Or am I getting confused?

Sorry T in T smiley - tit but you have lost me re Quik, RSS headers and the   in your Nick Name smiley - blush

New Survey

Post 4

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

smiley - huh *totally confused*

smiley - fishsmiley - musicalnote

New Survey

Post 5

ChiKiSpirit

Are you going to tell us what your new nickname is?

New Survey

Post 6

Traveller in Time smiley - tit home again
"The new homepag of the BBC, as in a 'reboot' < F4170826?thread="smiley - space" title="space" class="smiley" src="http://www.h2g2.com/h2g2/skins/Alabaster/images/Smilies/f_space.gif"/> in entries, &nbsp; for a space in page- names. However, the parser for the RSS did not allow the 'Non Breakable SPace' "

New Survey

Post 7

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Hi Tsmiley - titT smiley - smooch

Yes, I noticed the new survey a couple of weeks ago. It has an extra page at the end.. that surprised me smiley - biggrin

lil xx
smiley - magic

New Survey

Post 8

Wendy RedredRobin

smiley - laugh I agree with the rapid passing of a week lending it to most aptly being called a Quick, so maybe are there seven Flashes in a Quick? As days are come and gone in a flash smiley - chick

Sadly Traveller in Time smiley - tit my grasp of the coding, the parsing with bugs and escape of characters from the Real Simple Syndicate, equates to the plot for a new crime drama smiley - yikes

New Survey

Post 9

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

smiley - bigeyes

Flippin' 'eck! There's two of 'em at it smiley - yikes

New Survey

Post 10

ChiKiSpirit

What happened to smiley - santa ?

New Survey

Post 11

Traveller in Time smiley - tit calculating
"< U12 > will probably return in some three months smiley - doh"

New Survey

Post 12

ChiKiSpirit

smiley - sorry it's already here smiley - winkeye
However, I am looking forward to my Guy Fawkes smiley - stiffdrink before Christmas smiley - winkeyesmiley - rocket

New Survey

Post 13

Wendy RedredRobin

I'm looking forwards to the Flashes mounting to Quicks and parsing the annual celebration of my smiley - chicksmiley - bubbly, then of course there is smiley - pumpkin Halloween smiley - ghost, before smiley - bleep BANG!smiley - star days before and following pffffssssst! smiley - rocketsmiley - starsmiley - star Guy Fawkes BANG! and then there's jingle bells and red nosed smiley - reindeersmiley - santa..... Christmas, before once more unto the BANG! smiley - rocketsmiley - stiffdrink New year .... hic!

How time flies!!!smiley - winkeye

New Survey

Post 14

Traveller in Time smiley - tit recalculating
"smiley - doh It is only two Dandas for < U12 > to return.
(periods of 42 days, in wich the posting date becomes visible again)

Have you seen the moon ? Yesterday we did see a nibble out on top < F43348?thread=3448157 >."

New Survey

Post 15

ChiKiSpirit

forgot about the smiley - moon

New Survey

Post 16

Wendy RedredRobin

The smiley - moon was superb, though was unable to see the bite taken out of it due to the topography.

"Dandas, periods of 42 days, in which posting date becomes visible again"

smiley - erm Is this a cunning new system introduced by the Royal Mail to augment the new letter size based charges designed to conceal the posting date for 42 days so as to minimize complaints about late delivery of first class mail?

New Survey

Post 17

ChiKiSpirit

2nd class usually takes the same amount of time as first class.
If you are someone who goes around with letters in your bag for a week before you post them, you may as well use 2nd class.

New Survey

Post 18

Traveller in Time smiley - tit hardly ever using snail mail
"What I have noticed is a letter posted for someone in the same street takes a Danda to arrive. One for another village in your country takes a Quik. One to another country a few Flashes. One to another continent will take only one Flash.

I guess one for Upsilon -C will have instant reply delivered as soon as you post it. "

New Survey

Post 19

ChiKiSpirit

What is good about snail mail is that you can send people lovely presents

New Survey

Post 20

Wendy RedredRobin

Only urgent letters warrant a first class stamp these days and there are not many of those.

I have not had any problems with the post personally (that I am aware of) but have heard some "horror" stories highlighted by the media.

Key: Complain about this post