A Conversation for The pigeon Hive Hierarchy

Hive Mind

Post 1

Edgecrusher

I read your article and enjoyed it thoroughly. However you have not explained what the Hive mind actually is. Is it just the connection between all pigeons or is it some life form.

Also do Wood pigeons have any connection between city pigeons as i have observed, they act very differently and reproduce without a queen (as far as i can tell). So are they related in any way, are they apart of any hive mind or do they work individually.

Hive Mind

Post 2

snark king

I will be posting a more detailed article about the actual hive mind, which I believe I have already briefly talked about in my hive Mind article (its name is Mr. Pigeon). As for wood pigeons, they are still part of the hive mind but can reroduce without a queen.

Hive Mind

Post 3

Edgecrusher

Again you may have mentined mr. pigeon however you have not exactly explained it thoroughly. And again what proof is there that Wood pigeons are a part of a hive mind

Hive Mind

Post 4

snark king

I have proof that wood pigeons are part of the hive mind because they operate in southend alongside normal pigeons. I will be talking about Mr. Pigeon as soon as I have more information

Hive Mind

Post 5

Edgecrusher

Ah maybe so, but as a person who lives about 20 minutes from london as the crow flies (or pigeon if you want) i have a lot of experience of city pigeons. But there are also a lot of wood pigeons that live in my area, chadwell heath. I see them everyday and they never show any sign of communication. Has it occured to you that they may have just learned to co-exist. In chadwell heath, as small as it may be, has a large population of the two kinds and i have never seen them in each others terrain, e.g no ciy pigeons in my garden

Hive Mind

Post 6

snark king

Hmm. An interesting theory. However it is still wrong. Pigeons of different species tend to stick to certain areas for a simple reason. Each pigeon species can only pick up a certain frequency from the hive mind. If two separate pigeon species e.g. wood pigeons and city pigeons, were to meet en mass then the signal would be scrambled and chaos would ensue. The only time they may mingle is if a node pigeon is present to amplify the signals.

Hive Mind

Post 7

Edgecrusher

And what kind of frequency does this hive mind have??? you seem to know a fair bit about this Mr. pigeon for someone who would write an article once they have "more information" Tell me how much do you know about "Mr Pigeon" are you sure you're not making this up???

Hive Mind

Post 8

snark king

Of course its made up you tit. This is the AWW

Hive Mind

Post 9

Edgecrusher

I know... it was fun while it lasted though... See you in college monday

Hive Mind

Post 10

Wøñkø

whaddaya mean it was made up!!!?

i have seen pigeons flock in, yes... and they do it... IN A PATTERN!! and the SAME every time! it's unnatural!

Hive Mind

Post 11

rattheimpailer

Man I'm crap at these forum things don't know where to put anything!!! see my post http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/brunel/F123607?thread=354669 about the Pigeon conspiracy.

Hive Mind

Post 12

Wøñkø

yes.
it's true.
all true.
they, also, are allied with the gray squirrels.

Key: Complain about this post