A Conversation for Revision Support Group

Chemists

Post 1

Mullet

Any people round here who do Chemistry. I need help. Say "yay" if you are, "nay" if not.

Any Chemists....

Chemists

Post 2

Laura

nayish smiley - erm

don't do it directly but I cover a bit in modules...

Chemists

Post 3

PQ

I *did* chemistry A level...might be able to help in some topics...if not it might be worth asking hoovooloo or some of the other chemists on the salt PR thread: F48874?thread=276217 ?

Chemists

Post 4

Mullet

Aaaargh. I have since forgotten what I wanted to ask!!!!

Chemists

Post 5

Laura

Perhaps you've found it?

Chemists

Post 6

Shelly

hi

am doing chemisrty finals at the moment so might be able to help, though on the basis of what i knew for todays exam probably not,

well here if you remember

m

Chemists

Post 7

Laura

This group is desperately short of chemists, so any help would be much aprreciated. smiley - biggrin Hope your exam was alright...smiley - smiley

Chemists

Post 8

Mullet

aha!!!! I have remembered the problem. Never mind though, I asked my chemistry teacher the other day. It was just a gap in my otherwise impecable Chemistry knowledge.

In case anyopne cares the problem was I wasn't sure about Lead, it has a variable valency so is it a transition metal? My chemistry teacher said "No" which wasn't very helpful. Oh well. I don't actually need to know for my exam, I just don't like not knowing things about Chemistry.

Chemists

Post 9

Laura

We now have a chemistry bader, so if you still want to know, you could ask her. smiley - smiley

Chemists

Post 10

Mullet

Hmm, a badger who knows chemistry. A rare woodland sight!

Chemists

Post 11

Laura

smiley - laugh Yes, a bit of a rarity

Chemists

Post 12

Mullet

Who is this chemical badger?

Chemists

Post 13

Mullet

Your thing on revision support group says your exams finish on May 28. That is today. Congratulations!!! I still have 3 weeks left.
smiley - sadface

Chemists

Post 14

Laura

Yes, consequently quite smiley - drunk, but hey smiley - laugh

3 weeks? smiley - yikessmiley - hug

Can't type well, think is ... Is link up on main page. smiley - biggrin Probably spelt wrong, but mostlAemer, but the A and e are joined together in way which I can't type on my keyboardy right. smiley - laugh

did I say qwuitre drunk? soory, meant vdey drunk. Never mind.

Chemists

Post 15

Mullet

You didn't say drunk at all, you said smiley - drunk. That being the same though it doesn't really matter. With my quick maths I have just calculated that you posted that post at 1 in the morning. Why were you on H2G2 at 1 in the morning?!?

Anyway, thanks for the garbled message, at least I know who is the chemistry badger now.

Good Luck with the hangover!smiley - hangover!smiley - smiley!

smiley - spork

Chemists

Post 16

Laura

Why? Well... I'd got back from the pub (the third one I think) at that point, and was at the drinking soft drink stage. Not sure exactly when I got back, or when I went to bed. Also not sure why I slept at the other end of the bed but not sure there was a reason...smiley - laugh

More questionable is why I got up at 7. smiley - yikes

No smiley - hangover, not sure how, but not complaining smiley - biggrin

I think that message was quite good considering, there was even some ungarbled stuff in there. smiley - bigeyes

Chemists

Post 17

Mullet

I noticed you were online but thought you may have drifted off in front of the computer last night after finishing the last message.

Strangely I woke up at the wrong end of the bed even though I haven't had a drink for about 2 months (alcohol I mean, soft drinks have been plenty over the last two months otherwise I would be dead)

I've just noticed how this is a thread about Chemists yet this has no relevance to chemistry at all. Such is the way of h2g2 it seems.

Chemists

Post 18

Mullet

I presiume your drunken rambling refered to Aendr the mad hatter. I had guessed it was her since she was the newest but I checked out her page and found no reference to it so I asked you, what with you being a friendly ACE.

Chemists

Post 19

Laura

Yes, she's who I meant. She only volunteered yesterday (or was it the day before?) so hasn't done much yet.

I don't actually drink much, just on certain occasions, such as end of exams. smiley - biggrin Though I don't often turn down a drink when given to me.. As for the rambling, that is my normal way of things. smiley - laugh I just normally manage to type it better. Anyway, I judge by the smiley - spork that you joined the thingites. Consequently, you should be able to follow the rambling without too much difficulty. smiley - winkeye

Chemists

Post 20

Mullet

Yes true, I am a thingite. Also, I ramble a lot sometimes o have the gift of being able to follow it.

I wasn't calling you an alcoholic, there'll probably be a few parties after my exams and I won't turn down a drink.

smiley - spork

I take it you are not a thingite

Key: Complain about this post