This is the Message Centre for Moving On

Dead or at least, on it's last legs, anyway

Post 1

Moving On

No... not mesmiley - laugh

The PC is slowly dying - it's been gradually getting slower and slower and more and more clanky for quite a while really; the friend who visited over Easter must have spent the best part of 2 days doing Technical Things to it, and running diagnostics and all-sorts, and he came to the conclusion that some anti-social personage has been hacking their way into the system over a period of time. I did wonder when one site warned me of a hacker and insisted I alter my passwords a couple of months ago.

They must lead incrediably boring lives to find much entertainment hacking into my PC, but there ya go. I wish 'em joy of my trips to H2, and E Bay and the sites I use to do a bit of research for whatever I'm currently interested in.

Or perhaps they just enjoy peeing over the Lads' shoulders when they pass the time looking at naked young ladies, which of course, I'm not supposed to know about.

ANYWAY; the upshot is that getting onto the PC (and it not cutting out during the inordinate amount of time it takes to get the PC started) is becoming more and more complicated and less frequent, and the time has come to get a new Computer.

Enter one 20 year old Knight in Shining Armour. Son no2.

He has offered to buy the family a brand new PC, with plasma screen, packed lunches and all singing, all dancing and - if we pay an extra £30.00, - comes in all sorts of wonderful colours.

Unfortunately, he refuses to believe me that a Cyclamen Pink one would be perfect, so I think we'll be staying with plain utilitarian Black. A shame. I really do fancy a pink PC somehow. It's just so kitsch and silly and downright funsmiley - diva

Currently he's been working all the hours god sends and has enough in his account to be able to make the initial purchase, and not break into his fare to New York where he wants to spend his 21st Birthday in October.

I've undertaken to ensure that the price of the PC will be paid to him by then, but Son No 1 and I have been offered Easy Terms - as long as it's paid by October 15th he's happy to buy for us upfront.

I remember, a few years ago being almost speechless with both pride and a feeling of feeling I'd somehow failed when Son No 1 dipped into his wages and bought the household a desparately needed vacuum cleaner. Pride because a young lad had been prepared to sacrifice hard earned wages and buy something (for him, anyway) that was very boring but needed, and a sense of failiure that I couldn't provide it for us in the first place.

Now, all I feel is a sense of pride and a great deal of pleasure that I have 2 sons who are willing to do what's needed without fuss, fanfare or resentment, and who are willing to trust me to pay them back.

I said it then and I say it again now.

I am so very lucky to have such great sons. I've got 2 little diamonds with them.

(Well, OK, 2 6 foot diamonds, but you get the ideasmiley - biggrin

I think, even if they weren't mine I'd like them and be proud to know them both

Post 2

Websailor

Aren't we lucky Ev, I have two as well smiley - biggrin Don't see a lot of them but love them to bits, proud too, especially when you see how some turn out.

smiley - bubblysmiley - applause Good luck with the new one when you get it.

Websailor smiley - dragon

Post 3

Moving On

Hiya Webbie!

(I *still think a pink PC will run faster than yer average one....smiley - whistle)

Considering that I brought the pair of them up single handed and (_I found out the other day) well below the acceptable poverty level this current government thinks is OK you'd think they'd grow up as professional juvenille delinquents and go around mugging old ladies and that kind of thing, wouldn't you?

They've turned out great ladssmiley - ok I wished there was a manual somewhere to tell you How To Do It Right when they were small - I never knew if I was for certain, but I *hoped I was, and it seems I did, generally speaking.

They might still live with me... but I hardly see them, what with their long hours and strange shift work.

I see *evidence of them though in the form of lots of dirty crockery. I leave the living room clear, and the kitchen clear last thing at night, and heavens abovesmiley - yikes the carpet and the table and the kitchen surfaces seem to breed dirty mugs, platters and cutlery by morning.

And every so often the laundry basket overflows with.... well, better left undescribed, but it damned near walks by itself!

Amazing eh?smiley - tongueincheek

How are you doing, anyway?

I'm just waiting for the PC to cut out again!

Post 4

Websailor

You know you love it really smiley - rofl

I'm fine. Hoping I remain fine to go to the Birmingham Meet on Saturday (my first!) where I shall be able to put faces and real names to people smiley - smiley

I think you have to bring children up with your own instincts, but that seems to be lacking with so many today. I always said I did better with #2 son than #1 upon whom I probably made all the mistakes, but having said that he ain't turned out so bad smiley - biggrin

Please excuse, but I have just been reminded I haven't fed the badgers smiley - rofl Back later.

Post 5

Moving On

OOh! You'll always remember your first meet. Have fun and don't talk to any strange people.....smiley - tongueincheek

You feed badgers? I take it they come into your garden then? I've only ever seen a "real" badger - just the once; I was driving thru the dusk around Epsom one summers evening (I think - a racetrack anyway) and I saw him lumbering accross the road, silhouetted by the setting sun - it was at that dusky period when its not quite day and not quite night, either. Absolutely magnificent. I just stopped and watched him from my car - it was a real "Wow"smiley - wow feeling that was.

I do envy you your garden; I'd kill for a few square yards, not only for the practical purposes of hanging out the washing to dry decently, by air, and have somewhere to put the rubbish bags between collection, but simply to have a bit of earth for a few culinary herbs, a wigwag of runner beans, a few tomato plants and a few square feet of cottage annuals - I miss seeing marigolds and larkspur and poppies and clarkia in the summer. This is the first place I've ever lived without a garden, or even the facilities for window boxes or enough width of window sill to grow a few herbs for the kitchen.

Not that I'm a good gardener; far from it. I've the Order of the Black Thumb, I have.

But I do miss *trying to grow things, and I know perfectly well I wouldn't be able to even run a half plot at the local allotments, and the one "raised bed" one is already taken.

Ah well; one day, when I win the Lottery, or discover some obscure relative has left me a castle or something I can design a garden I can work with.

One day
smiley - smiley

Post 6

johnredbear

Your sons are a blessing to you as you must be to them. It is good to see in this day children that are of this character. I sometimes wonder at the world and feel a small pain for it but your sons are a light in your life and so there is another light I may look to. You must have been a very good mother to them and wise to have them as they are when the rest of the world wopuld drag them in a different place. When my son gave me a computer I was very hesitant especially of the expence each month, he said it was all his gift I think he wanted me to get modern too. My first computer died of virus and my son made another one from scratch with all things that I am still trying to use even after 3 years (Iam slow learning these things). A good son is a joy and you have two.

Post 7

Moving On

You're right johnredbear -I've 2 fine lads and I'm grateful I know them. I always get a nice warm feeling of pride, even when I think about them.

I don't think I'm wise, just what I think we'd call in GB "Old fashioned" in some ways. There's Right and there's Wrong - and bullying the vulnerable and taking advantage of the weak is - in my firm opinion - just Wrong.

I never stopped them fighting when they were small, what I did say to them was "Never throw the first punch - but be sure you throw the last one quickly" because I was never allowed to fight or ague with the children who bullied me when I was a small child ( a little fat child who wore glasses) and I was punished if I came home crying I'd been bullied, and even more punished if I admitted to hitting anyone back (because I was fat and I could probably hurt them!)

I had a strange upbringing - so I made sure my two had just a few rules they should (always) keep and never tried to make them feel guilty if they did something I didn't like, or say something I didn't agree with.

I'd tell them *why I didn't like it, and why I didn't agree, and then listen to what they had to say. Sometimes they talked me around; sometimes I talked them around. And sometimes, because it was just a small thing, we just agreed to differ. It's still like that between us even now. They have opinions I don't agree with, and vice versa, but why try and force them to think exactly as I do? I respect their views and they respect mine.

I've just got back from a weekend away. I visited one of my friends, Jan and then went on to see my mother. She's getting very old and very thin, and its almost as if she has 2 personalities nowadays. I never know which one I'll see. Sometimes she's quite friendly and, if not welcoming, at least bearable. And sometimes she's very vicious and aggressive and just downright unpleasnat. And whichever "hat" she has on, she's not very good at coping generally with people and life, and not very good at telling me what's happened, so I invaribaly have an "interesting" time with her.

This weekend she was vicious and verbally aggressive. If she was more aware, she'd realise she's angry with herself for yet again being fooled by tradesmen who charge her high prices for poor workmanship. But she finds it easier to rant and complain, and I know by now she's not going to change, or learn by her mistakes.

But I do worry about her. She's still buying clothing in the size she USED to wear 20 years ago, but she's become so much thinner nowadays she needs to buy clothing at least 4 sizes less. I measured her this morning to tell her what size she should buy, but she won't believe me. And so she walks around in baggy clothing which makes her look vulnerable to outsiders.

And there's no real answer. I can only try and pick up the pieces when I visit and offer solutions she doesn't want to try because it would be admitting - as far as she's concerned - she's making mistakes. And she finds it too difficult to admit that she does make mistakes because she thinks it makes her look weak Admitting a mistake and rectifying it is never weak. Insisting on making the same mistakes, sadly, is.

Ah well. I can only suggest. Until she causes real harm to others, or is caused real harm by others - being laughed at and patronised is not real harm - there is very little I can do but watch her blunder. But it does hurt me to see her slowly disintergrating. She was always a really harsh and unkind mother, but at least she was consistent.

It was good to see my friend Jan, anyway. She's always a good person to visit.

Post 8

Websailor

Hi, Ev, you were right, I won't forget my first Meet - it was interesting to say the least and you can read all about it in smiley - thepost on Thursday and from my PS if you've a mind.

I know exactly what you mean about a garden. I have had two years of my life without a garden during which time I realised how much it meant to me to have a little open space of my own to wander and potter in. It works wonders for mild depression, possibly serious depression too. I am green fingered, but only in that most things I plant grow in spite of me smiley - rofl I used to do a lot and we grew our own veggies for years, but PHM can't do it now and the best I can do is keep it tidy, and let the wildlife have their way with it.

The badgers have been very good for the past three and a half years. You can read my first encounters under 'My heart is still thumping' from my PS, and you will find some photos here http://www.flickr.com/photos/websailor/ under McWebbie's Bistro!

We are both blessed with two sons to be proud of so whatever else life throws at us we are thankful smiley - applause

I am sorry your mother is in such a state. It is hard to see a parent, loved or loathed, deteriorate like that as I know too. smiley - goodluck

Post 9

Moving On

Hiya Webbie

I've already had a bit of a peep at the Birmingham meet conversation page and nosed at the photoes - sounds like you had a good time - and a much bigger turn out than the last London Mini Meet, too. I'll keep my eyes peeled for The Post artical.

I think its about time I gave a shout for a "Thaneteers" meeting soon, which is usually Roymondo, MMF, Reddyfreddy and myself, since we all have some form of connection to Thanet, be it upbringing or residence, (and the honourory Thaneteer 2 Legs who'll tag along with anyone, just as long as it involves beer,smiley - evilgrin
smiley - whistle)

I reckon its about time we all got some weak British sun onto our probably horribly white legs and had a bit of a beach party. All I can say is probably best not to choose Margate as a venue because there are donkey rides there and it just wouldn't be fair to the poor donkies.

I also had a look at the photoes of your badgers - they're handsome lads, arn't they? That first one certainly showed his displeasure with your poor herbs, didn't he?

I'm alright really for green space - the park is only a few yards away, so I can enjoy some trees and greenery, and the beach - and the downs, which is where the local dog walkers tend to go is only a few steps away, as well. I do at least have Space and air, which is more than a lot of flat dwellers can say they have.

I also have Wildwood, which is a wild life sanctuary, boasting quite a few indiginous British animals, including wolves, boars and 3 types of different deer, as well as stoats, weasels, otters, beavers, badgers, different types of mice and joy of joys a couple of Scottish Wild Cats only a few miles away, and also Quex Park, which has a nice spread of woodland AND, I've just discovered, a small zoo. I usually just visit the Craft Village, but last time I went, I could swear I could hear Peacocks screeching, so I followed my ears, and found a huge museum/stately home and realised I'd missed a treat on my own doorstep. I didn't have the entrance fee for the House and Main grounds on me, but I've had a look on the web, found out the details and intend to return for a proper explore very soon.

And on high days and holidays they have rides in a 2 horse drawn carriagesmiley - wowsmiley - biggrin - it looked a really elegant way of travelling, so I may well indulge in being a tourist proper and try that, too. Jan usually comes down to me for a week in August, so I'll probably do it then. It'll be a good day out for us I reckon, especially if we take a picnic, as well.

And... would you believe, Herne Bay actually has Seal Spotting Boat trips? I've lived here over 7 years and I only just found that out!
smiley - blush

Post 10

Websailor

It really is amazing how we ignore what is on our own doorstep isn't it? I remember staying with distant family in Cornwall many years ago, and suggested taking them and the kids to the beach. They looked at me as if I had lost it! The beach! We don't bother with that!!

Enjoy your wild spaces, they sound wonderful.

Post 11

Moving On

I used to go to Wildwood quite a lot, but my membership ran out and I've never quite gotten around to renewing it; it's a nice place to take guests to show off, but a fairly expensive round if you just drop in and don't have a Magic Card.

If the purse can stand it I really will have to get around to doing it; it's a lovely place and encourages a person to take time out and just Look. Properly. I've lost many a happy hour observing the Wild Cats which are my favourites.

The tea shop's exhorbitant tho! I'd recommend a pack up.

http://www.wildwoodtrust.org/

http://www.quexmuseum.org/ if you'd like to see Quex House.

I have a friend, over in Ashford (about 30 miles away) who volunteered and worked for a day a week down at the local community farm/Donkey Sanctuary. Thru another volunteer she's been taken over to the (apparently reasonably) local Big Cat Sanctuary, and she spent the day mucking out the Tigers, playing with the Cheetah cubs and feeding the lions and the leopards, the lucky woman.smiley - envy Now she does one day with the donkies and one day with the cats every other week, she enjoyed it so much.

Some time in the summer (she promised me) she'll take me with her so I can have a day like that (tho I think I might pass on mucking out the tigers, as it's hard work)smiley - yikessmiley - winkeye And I'm not sure if the dung'd be much good for my friend's rubharb, either....smiley - whistle

I've always liked cats, so it's one of those promises I have every intention of ensuring is kept - of all the creatures its the big cats that capture my imagination above all else, and I'd love to get close to them and really experience just how damned *big* they are.

Wow!smiley - diva Imagine having an opportunity to bottle feed a cub - or letting the lions out for a romp.

smiley - magic

Post 12

johnredbear

Friend Eva, I do not wish to embarrasse you so I will not repeat my thoughts on your wisdom. I do keep them though and they are become strong more as I read from you. The life you have had is one that makes a person go in two opposite paths. You have chosen the path of light and I see this. Most that I know who have wisdom and a heart for others have much pain in life not of their making. It is a hard pathway to be chosen. We have much in common from past days and so we are kindred, I feel this and have comfort in knowing one who has walked in the same steps. It is a hard thing to become a parent to a parent especially when they are hard to love. Not natural love of a child wich is an easy thing but the love for a good person who was faithful to carry us when we were growing. I have determined that I will not be a burden for my children, nor even for my wife. Concerning my wife, having her say that she will Winter with me in my childhood home is as though she has done so and so I will not burden her further. It would be a selfish thing and evil from a bad heart since this is a hard thing to Winter in the North. Your mother is very lucky for the sake of you, you have a good heart and right. I say not to embarrass you but to say truth to you.
JR

Post 13

Moving On

Hallo john

It's a co incidence that you should say that those of us who have a tough time during various stages of our lives can go one way or the other. I visited a good friend of mine yesterday, a lady in her late 60s, who lives a bit further down the coast from me, who I've known for a good few years now;

It was a lovely day, it was warm and sunny, and this lady has a beautiful garden, crammed full of all sorts of unusual flowers and varieties of tree (the crab apple tree is in full blossom right now - it looks stunning, as well as grapevines and a blueberry shrub. For such a small space, she really has made the absolute most of it.

She's suddenly become aware that she is nearing her 70th birthday, and with no sentimentality or sense of morbidness she looked back on her life with me; she had an appauling childhood - neglected and violent and with little or no love in it.

And she could have chosen to be bitter and angry. But she didn't.

She's one of the happiest people I know - strong, positive, extremely kind, talented (lots of really impressive qualifications - a B.A. and an M.A. as well as all the ones you need to become a Head Mistress for a junior school) and above all, great fun. She does a lot, very quietly, for the local community and has so many interests I don't know how she manages to fit them all in.

We sat outside most of the day, we shared a good lunch, and it turned into a celebration in a way, of Life generally. Of enjoying being a parent; In shaking our heads in amazement at the energy and determination we had bringing up our respective children singlehandedly; in the gardens we'd made and left, in the friends we'd met and the laughter we've had over the years. In the simple pleasure of sitting in her garden, eating good food with the sun on us.

She knows - and again, not morbidly, that she's nearing the last stage of her life, and she told me that she finds every new day a priviledge and a joy to wake up to; she has every intention of making the most of every day she has left, and wants to fill every bit of time with enjoyment. She's just booked an 11 day trip to go to China early next year, to see new sights and pack in as many experiences of a completely new country as she can in the time she has over there.

And we talked of our arrangements we've each made for our funerals, which music we want played, and how we'd like our lives celebrated. She laughed at the piece I chose (Won't Get Fooled Again, by the Who) and I grinned at hers - The March of the Capulets by...smiley - erm actually I can't spell the composers name, so I won't try! But it's a very grand, magnificent piece of music, very dramatic and compelling.

Both pieces, though, in different ways say the same thing - "I was Here - and I'm glad I was"

It was a simple day, really - just 2 friends talking of everything and nothing, but it's one that will stay in my memory for a long time.

She said to me "I'm grateful just to see the sky - look up; It's such a wonderful sight, such a wonderful colour"

It was a good day.

I know exactly what you mean when you say that because your wife said she would winter with you near Pere Creachy (have I got the name right?) it's as if she has done so already. It's because she's willing to, that's important I think. She'll be with you in thought, as you will be with her. Sometimes, that's all a person needs to know for it to feel right. I looked on the net where your childhood home was; if I got the right place, I read that it has a history of being haunted.

I liked your story of the Thunder Dogs in your Journal; it's a wonderful picture I have, of a huge pack of dogs forever running and baying. I know I'm probably like a grandchild in asking this, but will you tell us some more of your childhood stories when you are in the humour to do so? Scary or Possums Tails, I don't mind which. I just like stories. If you click on the link below, it will take you to a story I made up for my lads when they were very small. One of our cats had died, just before Christmas, and they were just a little too young to understand about death, so I wrote it to give them a reason for why the cat wasn't around any more.

A2133190

Talking of children; I've found our copy of a video of Shawn the Sheep; there are 3 stories on it, and I wondered if I could send it to you to share with your grandson when he visits you next. Do you have an e mail address (not your postal one on a public site!) so I can get your address, if you'd like the video. Mine is [email protected]. I'm grateful for your good opinion of me - but really, it just seemed so much easier to me to try as hard as I could *not* to make the same mistakes as my mother. She never seemed to be very happy despite all the good things she had in her life; I just didn't want to be that way I guess. But then, if *she hadn't been the way she was, then maybe *I wouldn't be the way I am now. So I think possibly we're both lucky in different ways.

smiley - smiley

Post 14

johnredbear

Friend Eva,
You have given me much to reflect and enjoy in your letter. I will return a message soon to you, first I will re-read and set my thoughts on your thoughts.
JR

Post 15

johnredbear

Friend Eva,
I have talked with my grandson ,(his name is Gabriel), I have explained to him that you wish to make a gift. He must first have a gift to exchange as this is our way. He is quite happy to do so and has many ideas what it is to make for you. I do not know what he will decide and I do not know if it will be useful to you. I do know that it will be useful to him to follow our way. These are things he must learn to do. It is a small thing but part of the whole for him to be a man. If you will, I will say to you when he is ready to perform his part. I know you understand this. It is not perhaps how things are done in custom in UK. They are not done so here. Thankyou for playing a part in his growing. It is a small thing to us but great in the eyes of his youth to make the exchange a proper thing.

I have read again your last. I am seeing your friend who has a good heart. Many things shape us. The Creator- ((I would say 'Great Spirit', but it is taken to sound like a movie thing like to say "how" I hate when this is said to me, we are not cartoons, and is an embarrassement to me.))- has chosen the tools to create beauty. The beating of Ice and snow and water make the stones to have a soul. Some plain and hard and smooth, others of great worth to the eye in shape and texture and seem to live in their shape as to move. The tree fallen in a lake drowns and rots or it is battered and becomes a driftwood that is most valuable to look upon even to be taken to homes and seen by others. Some are drowned wood not of use even for burning or round stone to be thrown from the path lest one wounds his toe, some are objects of beauty. You and your freind have weathered well Eva.

I am blessed to know you and to hear of you. I have given you a name like one to be given as honor in my place and in my heart this is what is proper and is not been done by me but once for a white person. (I will say outsider now, 'white' speaks harshly to my ears). He was a good freind and hunting companion. I called him in my speech meaning, "Walks by side", it is in English lost as to fulness of meaning but means a faithful person that travels the same path and will not leave in war or in hunger. This man was a freind since I was 12 and we walked always together and hunted and watched stars. He went over one Winter because of cold and wet while hunting, he should not have gone and I am in sorrow to recall him, I would to have gone with him that day but was not living in his place anymore.

I will not embarrasse you in writing here this name since this place is open and the name to give is a sacred thing and will sound strange to others ears perhaps even your own perhaps even you will be mocked, I will not be one to give a weopan to your enemies hand, but I am in belief that you will understand my spirit in making it yours. It is given in ceremony when one is presented by another to be known among his fellows as a special status and to be trusted and to be fed in famine and clothed in Winter and to be lodged when in travel.
I am sharing a story in the journal today as this you have asked and others. It is an honor to be asked to share a story before our peers and before our cheifs. I am blessed to have found this place and will come as often as I am able. I have no work but with my hands to sell and soon they will lose their craft. I can place my two fingers to type though! I am happy I can do this. Some of my children type like spiders spin and laugh at me. I have heard them jeste that I am a 'caveman', meaning of ancient times I think. I let them jeste I am not offende since at least they think they whisper for the sake of me.

I am become ill moreso of late and so when I am tired I am confused. I tire often in the day. I will find this week what these doctors say to me again. I have no trust. They say one thing then say they lie and say another and know not what they say. I go for the sake of my wife who is stubborn like a moose in the pathway and you must kill it or yeild to it and walk in mud. I yeild as always I have done but I do not think I am happy in doing so. I am overcome by wife and daughters my sons will not take my cause and even their wives have joined the other women so my sons fear them all as some mighty tribe that has invaded us. I am alone in defying them and am as one conquered and bound, they will drag me to the village of the white coats to be peirced by their little spears and poked and placed in machines and the talking of them,the talking makes my head to swim and they keep saying to me do I understand. They say words that are like a noise to my ears I think they do this to sound wise.I just sit and think badly of them all, I pretend that I do not hear and they become heavy in sighing and in my heart I mock them for their thinking I am stupid. Mywife hates when I do this and then I must listen to her till we are home and I can flee to the wood for fishing or to nap. I hate the doctor days. I am sorry to sound angry in your ears, I am saying my heart to my freind.

I have seen Pere Cheney on the Google and it was not my place. I searched many pages and found no mention of the place. The Pere Cheney in the Google is a place I would like to visit. I beleive in spirits and fear them. I am safe there in the day tho amd would go ther. The village of Pere Cheney is maybe to smal for the Google. Once it was a trading place then a place for people to go for the faith of the Catholics. They gave much in the mission but took much. They gave food and blankets and medicine but robbed people of spirit and pride. I am soundng to be bitter I am not too much I hope Maybe any is to much, Yes it is. I am decided. I think one day I will forgive the doctors too, but not today.
I will go now, I will rest. I will write the story in my journal and it is for you. also many years ago I wrote of my freind of wich I spoke. I will write again this same words that he may be remembered.

I wish you peace on this day Eva.

JR

Post 16

Moving On

john

I would be more than proud to help young Gabriel on his path to learning, and will treasure whatever he decides to make; I never thought to receive, merely to give, but if this is the way that feels right to him, then I'll simply say to him Thank you for allowing me to help him; It's a pleasure and my privilege

I also feel pretty humble that you have given me a name of my own; its a huge honour and I thank you sincerely. Once, a long time ago, when I was a lot younger I was given a name in a ceremony; I've never spoken of it, for exactly the same reasen I won't mention it further "here"; But again, Thank you.

If I may I will let my friend see your words about the ice and snow and stones and driftwood; I know she would like them and accept them in the right Spirit.

Its difficult to put a Name to whatever it is that drives or guides the world and Us, really; sometimes when I am being logical and hard headed I say I know there is nothing but Us; human kind. That never lasts long

(I usually think and say that on Doctors dayssmiley - winkeye because you're right - they use long, complicated word which I am absolutely *certain is just to show us they have a hundred different ways of saying "I don't know" in incomprehensible babble because it makes them feel superior! It doesn't help the patient much, though, does it?smiley - winkeye)

I have 2 visits for next week - one on Monday for one ailment, and the following day I go in for day surgury for another, different problem; I can't seem to breathe thru my nose as well as I should do and they want to find out *why, so I'm being put to sleep thank heavens whilst they thread lights and cameras and micro fibres up my nose and around my throat to see what's causing the problem. I'm not looking forward to it, but it'll be nice to be able to breath properly again once its fixed)

Back to what I was saying

- Mostly though I have to believe, whether its logical or not, that there must be something bigger and wiser than us - so I have put the label "Nature" onto this force; it may not be kind, as I was taught in the Christian faith when I was a child, or loving as humans understand love, but it has a kind of ruthless ability to do whats right for the Earth, and, if only we would let it, mankind. We have enough resources, if only we'd respect them, to feed and share amongst us all.

But Man (apparently) knows better than Nature and tries to take over! And I regret to say, it's the Europeans - which is part of the gene pool stock of the White Americans as well - who are the worst offenders. Sometimes its well meaning blundering - but a lot of the time, I really do believe it's greed, suspicion and stupid arrogance.
If they looked a bit further into themselves perhaps they'd just recognise it as the worst form of envy and spite.

Maybe one day they will; and maybe one day they'll improve themselves, but in the meantime, I'm not holding my breath whilst I wait for them to do so! In the meantime, as we say here, "Let Nature take its course"

I know what you mean about Doctors - I don't trust them very much, either...but not only do you have them to contend with, you have a whole river of women determined to float you to them, whether you've a craft to guide yourself to the destination or whether you just get washed up unwillingly to the shore - either way, they are determined that you go there!

You're a wise man not to fight the current too much. Find yourself a good canoe and a sturdy paddle and ensure on your journey that you've the right supplies; make sure that these White Coats (I will now always think of Hospital Consultants as White Coats, its a wonderful phrase) answer the questions you want answering, and ask them if THEY understand. I have found, over the last 5 years, that once these White Coated people realise that *YOU* know what their job is, which is to help and cure a person - they somehow stop talking nonsense *at you - they don't dare, any more.

Perhaps its just that I am "difficult" though! The older I get, the less I suffer fools gladly.

I could write for much longer, but my son is calling me to help him with chores and I ust go for now.

Good luck johnredbear.

Post 17

johnredbear

Friend Eva, I am filled to read your words. I have many thoughts but do not wish to be long winded s people say. Only I say to you, I am glad you are a friend.
I write in my journal today a story that is passed down, I used this story to teach my daughters of men of some kinds. I write as best as my mind recalls.
JR

Post 18

Moving On

I feel humbled and proud at the same time, with your replies, to both this and the other journal I have written john. I keep you in my thoughts ( I don't pray, but I do Think) often, and I too, am very glad that we are friends.

My little bit of world has become a much brighter place because of it.

Thank you

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Moving On

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more