This is the Message Centre for Heroic Muse

Hello stranger

Post 1

Zero The Hero (bringer of humorous typos)

Hi Stephanie,

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you but I've had a few problems with my phoneline. I've not got it sortted yet but hopefully I'll have a shiney new broadband connection within the next few weeks. So no more dial up modem and best of all no more paying for my connection by the minute.

Your article on sub-personalities was extremely interesting it's one of those things that you never actualy notice until it's pointed out to you, but once it has been it's almost blindingly obvious that we have have sub-personalities. Maybe this is one of the reasons why you have encountered much hostility with this concept, it's like a psycho-culture shock.

Incidentally, have you heard this years Rieth Lectures, the're about human emotions, consciousness and the self from a neuroscientific point of view. The links are right there in front of you. click on radio at the top of the screen, go to the radio 4 homepage and the link should be there, if I remember correctly it's on the left hand side of the page but you've got tot look hard for it.

Speak again soon providing my connection will let me

Neilsmiley - smiley

Hello stranger

Post 2

Heroic Muse

Hi Neil -

It's good to hear from you smiley - smiley I was a bit worried because I hadn't seen you on-line in a long time.

OTOH I'm not here as much as I used to be... ironically now that school's over for the semester I find myself very busy. I've gotten an idea for a one-act play that I'm slowly working out, in addition to my other projects (and job-hunting...)

Thanks for your comments on my sub-personality article. I think maybe you're right about psycho-shock. I think the problem is that I am more open/accepting of mym SP's than many people--so to them it seems abnormal and therefore frightening.

Though on another list I had a bunch of people call me insane and seemingly forget all the times they said they respected my thoughts before they knew about the SP's, which is still a bit hard for me to fathom.

Hope your phone line is in top shape til you get your broadband connection. (I am going to get one too, someday when I can afford it... I'm tired of missing calls when I'm on-line)

Talk soon.

Stephanie

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Heroic Muse

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more