This is the Message Centre for Meg

Cat tails

Post 1

Meg

Despite the summer rain I'm on good form. The rain is really welcome as I don't have to water the allotment dailysmiley - biggrin
I seem to have gained another cat. We had two males and now another juvenile male has joined us. This is causing me a couple of anxieties. I'm very happy to house many cats but this one has a home. It comes from a neighbouring house as I've heard them calling it. It doesn't have a collar and seems ravenous but is in good condition. I haven't encouraged it but it comes through the cat flap and helps itself to my cat's food. My problem is that as this cat matures it will spray and attack my cats (who've been neutered). if it stays with us it too will need the chop, but I can't do that to someone elses cat! I've already treated it for fleas as it was infested. I haven't seen any "missing" posters so they can't be that worried about him. Should I put up a found poster? He's free to leave anytime but chooses not to, even when boss cat swipes at him.
Other news:
Lump removed from chest. Awaiting results.
Fostering process underway.

Cat tails

Post 2

Ellen

Hey Mad Meg,

Maybe you could discourage this feline intruder with a squirt gun. If he got soaked everytime he tried to come in, he might look elsewhere for food. You are a good egg to have gotten him a flea treatment, etc. My cat door has a metal locking door, and Micio, my kitty, must meow to be let in. I mainly do this to keep her from bringing in moles!

Meg, hope you get speedy news on that lump that you had to have removed.

Yay that you are even closer to fostering!

smiley - towel JEllen

Cat tails

Post 3

Meg

Thanks for the advice JEllen. I must go now as my shift finishes in 10 minutes. Hope to chat to you more some daysmiley - rainbow

Cat tails

Post 4

abbi normal "Putting on the Ritz" with Dr Frankenstein

Nice to see you Megsmiley - smiley

Yep a squirt gun (bottle) does wonders to discourage cats.
I had the same problem with our flap.
Dogs,cats,squirrels,birds....

I have used squirt bottles to train all my pets on particuarly stubborn problems. They hate it.

I hope you hear your results quickly and its good newssmiley - goodluck

My sister and law has been waiting to hear about getting a foster child. They are so busy in social services they cannot get it done. It is not for lack of childrensmiley - erm

Cat tails

Post 5

I mean "sister-in-law "!smiley - boing

Cat tails

Post 6

Meg

Thanks for the suggestions. I do use the water pistol on him if he fights with my cats. Truth is that I like this new cat, but worry that it's owners are missing him. I have put a colar on him with our phone number on it so they can call us and ask for him back. I'm taking him to the vets tomorrow to see if he's microchipped.
Another visit from the social worker today to check out our house (I hope it doesn't matter that I'm not good at housework!). I hope social services get to your sister-in-law soon Abbi, it's dreadful knowing that there are children that could be helped if there were enough staff.

Cat tails

Post 7

Funny you say that!
My sister -inlaw is not a good house keeper.
She told them she would be willing to get a little help with it. a couple hours every other week.

The lady laughed and said they doubted it would be a problem.
They were far more interested in discipline ,school, a bed and foodsmiley - biggrin

I thought by the time school started she would have a child, but no.

Cat tails

Post 8

Meg

our vetting process takes at least 6 months but social services seem very thorough. We had to have a full medical last week and I start on a foundation course this week. It does seem a lot of hoops to jump through. we soon have to talk about our upbringing - something my husband isn't looking forward to.
I think we'll keep the new smiley - cat as no-one has claimed him in over a month and he is rather sweet. My family keeps getting biggersmiley - biggrin

Cat tails

Post 9

Meg

cat has now been claimed as ours. We've had him neutered. we've had 2 people who've lost cats look at him but he's not been claimed. He is really very sweetsmiley - cat

Cat tails

Post 10

Ellen

Give the sweet kitty a pat for me. *scratches under chin too*

Cat tails

Post 11

Meg

I shall. how are you tonight JEllen?

Cat tails

Post 12

Hi Meg
Hope you are well.
How did your tests come out on the lump?
Do you feel like saying?

Anything from Social Services about a child?

Cat tails

Post 13

Meg

lump was benign, I found out last week. Fostering course well underway. I am still yearning after another child of my own though. I wonder if it'll ever pass. The feeling got a lot stronger this weekend as we saw lots of relatives who were full of compliments about my children. I always feel that there are too many bad people in the world and I could produce a few more good ones to even things upsmiley - biggrin

Cat tails

Post 14

Glad you had Good news on the lump Meg!

Hmm I do believe you could produce some good youngins'.
There are many that did and threw them away.
They need you for a second chance through no fault of their own.
I hope you get a chance to give them one.
*selfish of me*

I think was is best will happen, that may be either one or both!
Have you thought of that possibility?smiley - bigeyes

Cat tails

Post 15

What not was "is best"!
fruedian!....smiley - laugh

Cat tails

Post 16

Meg

I know what you mean. I would never give up the idea of helping as many children as possible. A friend recently asked me what I'd do if I didn't have to work for money and my immediate answer was to devote my life to helping children. I was immagining no family ties and me working with severely deprived children.
Back in reality I do have family so I'll have to do what I can here. Having another baby just means that I'll be able to foster younger children because I'll get more parental leave. I think being a mum is what I do bestsmiley - rainbow
how is the building work going?

Cat tails

Post 17

It is very nice to hear you talk that way!smiley - love

The cement truck is pouring as we speak.
So far smooth going but slowsmiley - biggrin

Cat tails

Post 18

Meg

I don't envy you having builders insmiley - yuk but life will be sweeter once it's finished.
It's a real problem the baby thing. Beloved has said "no more" for the past 7 years and I've respected that but the yearning has never lessened. I know many women that would have had a pregnancy 'accident' in similar circumstances.
It must sound very selfish though, as I do already have two. I've always wanted to be part of a big family as my birth family is very small. This may be all hypothetical as I'm not that young now.
Sorry to ramble but it is troubling me greatly.

Cat tails

Post 19

Nah it does not sound selfish at all.
Quite the contrary.

I know the heartache of not having children after always assuming I would have a houseful. I was most afraid of the teen years. Well I have been surrounded by everyones elses teens for years now and love it. Gives the family thing a break and I find they are mostly just delightful when you are Not the parents! I enjoy themsmiley - smiley

With the yearning you have it does not matter what came before, it is strong. I am sorry you are feeling that intensity nowsmiley - blueIt cannot be dismissed or wished away in a day.

Maybe it will help a tad bit to know my sister-inlaw finally has 2 boys (13-14)in just the last two weeks. She has been waiting to accept children for foster care since just before you first mentioned it. A young girl if chossing she said (below 10) but open to all in need . She has forgotten about that for now, there will be time later, she has no time now with 3 teens!

Good Luck. You are Not Selfish Meg!

Cat tails

Post 20

OH and keep rambling if it helps any.

Key: Complain about this post