This is the Message Centre for Heleloo - Red Dragon Incarnate

Tempura! Day the Twenti8th

Post 1

Heleloo - Red Dragon Incarnate

I am gluten intolerant.

I can have very small amounts, but my diet is essentially gluten free. This means if I have yummy stuff with gluten in it, I will suffer the consequences.........if you ask the Snow Meow, he will state he suffers with me as wellsmiley - winkeyesmiley - laugh

However, in just the last couple of months Woolworths/Safeways, have brought out a new range of gluten free baking mixes, with things like banana bread smiley - drool crumpets! smiley - droolsmiley - drool and my latest try out, tempura batter.

Tonight I had battered fish, with battered potato slices (potato scallops) and just for fun I battered carrot slices and cauli pieces.

It was just delightful.

When I started down the road of gluten free, about 15 years ago, there was very little in the way of any gluten free breads, pastas, biscuits, baking mixes, very little at all, and what was out there, was very expensive, and only just edible.

Now there is a huge range of choices, breads and pastas, that taste like bread and pasta. With this latest range, I can get some real food back in my life. it is still more expensive, but I am prepared to pay extra, to get quality foods.

Post 2

Researcher 14993127

leaves Gluten free smiley - cakesmiley - spacesmiley - smiley

smiley - cat

Post 3

Heleloo - Red Dragon Incarnate

thanks BMT

smiley - cake is always appreciated smiley - biggrin

Post 4

Effers;England.

Apologies for posting a response to your journal in the *wrong place*. I thought I had already explained in the previous post about that.

I found you journal post very *touching* as food is a *massive* thing for me. And I can imagine how horrible it must be to be so limited..and now it's much less so.

It was meant *entirely in good faith* .

We are nearly at the end. I'll do one last one at the end of November I think for this thing..and then just carry on as normal with regular journals.

Hope this clears things up for you about my *good intentions* and * silly mistake*.

Post 5

Sol

At the moment I'm off coffee, and I look forward quite passionately to the time when I can swim in the stuff again. Yay! For gluten free batter and related products! smiley - ok

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Heleloo - Red Dragon Incarnate

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more