This is the Message Centre for Heleloo

Greetings Helelou!

Post 1

jaz'd(ace & yada yada *sigh* chocolate yada)

I'm still reasonably new here myself, & getting to understand this cantankerous thing a bit better (the computer, that is). What helped me, was skimming computer magazines, & finding a good, easy-to-understand one (as opposed to those that're just a load of 'techno-babble'.) It's also a good idea to find a book on you particular type of computer - or 'OS', operating system. Hopefully again, one thats not a load of techno-babble twoddle. Another thing thats helped, is talking to people who've been using one a bit longer & are a bit more familiar with it...seem to be alot of those here, if you'd like, I can 'call over' a few of my friends.

Anyway, I'm just popping 'round to a few of the recent arrivals to say 'hello', 'welcome aboard'...maybe offer you a smiley - tea or smiley - coffee & some smiley - cheesecake...or *digging in knapsack*, some smiley - choc? If you want to use any of those icons, just type smileys into the search window near 'help'...or, you can hover your mouse/cursor over one & it'll show a name in a few seconds, type that (without any spaces) between the 2 arrows, these guys '<>'.

Anyway, always good to welcome another Aussie onboard, so to speak. Feel free to click on my nickname at the top of this message & visit my space if you like...or just click on the 'reply' button below, if you're having any problems, I'll try to help, or call someone who can, ok.

Greetings Helelou!

Post 2

Ellen

Hi Jazz. Hi Helelou. Jazz, I thought I'd mention right quick that you can also get to the smileys page just by clicking on any smiley. Welcome, Helelou, how are you?

smiley - towel JE

Greetings Helelou!

Post 3

Well, I realize that JEllen, smiley - tathough...that tends (I find, at least) to just take you to 1 specific grouping, whereas typing smileys in the search window takes you to a list of...what, about 20 - 24 different groupings. But I realize you were trying to help, & yes, that is an option I hadn't mentioned, so again, sincere thanks!

Greetings Helelou!

Post 4

Ellen

Ah, ok Jazz. Good evening!

smiley - towel JE

Greetings Helelou!

Post 5

Good evening JEllen*waves*, just saw Fight Club on DVD.

Greetings Helelou!

Post 6

Ellen

That was one wild movie, wasn't it? Had some strange things in there that I liked, if liked is the right word. Images that really stuck in my head. I remember the guy's apartment blowing up toward the beginning of the film. It had a ying yang table in it. And Helena Bonham Carter was in the film wasn't she? Always going to self help groups, lots of them, as a pasttime. *Hopes I'm not confusing movies, I do that sometimes* Any interesting DVD extras I should know about?

smiley - popcorn JE

Greetings Helelou!

Post 7

I agree with you, about his apt. blowing up & that, & ye I believe that was Helena Bonham Carter, you've got the right movie, with all the support groups. And Meat Loaf as Bob, the former body builder with testicular cancer (who's weeping like a baby in his first few scenes - & gets shot about 2/3 of the way through the movie.)

But I just realized, this's really going to confuse poor Helelou, if she hasn't seen it smiley - winkeye. I probably should've mentioned the movie on another thread...smiley - sorry Helelou!

Greetings Helelou!

Post 8

Ellen

smiley - laugh Drifting thread topics is part of h2g2 life! smiley - laugh People will talk about almost anything, anywhere. I myself keep getting in trouble with Terri for going off topic on her "sign up" thread! Hehehe.

Helelou, it's an interesting movie, Fight Club. Bit on the violent side. Let us know if you have seen it. smiley - smiley

smiley - towel JE

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Heleloo

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more