This is the Message Centre for Heleloo

Hello Helelou - you've been ACEd..

Post 1

Hathornefer (ACE) Near miss - isnt that what you'd call a hit

Hi Helelou from someone half way round the smiley - earth! You're the only woman sugar processor in Australia.... WAY TO GO GIRL!!

Welcome to H2G2, my name is Hathornefer, but my friends call me Hath. I am an <./>ACE</.>, (Assistant Community Editors), and I am here to welcome you to H2G2 and to show you around. There is always something going on here to entertain you IF if you know were to find it.

There are all sorts of cool places for you to look at. Here are those that I think you might want to look at to make sure you get the most of your H2G2 experience
smiley - smileyTake the <./>DontPanic-Tour</.> - its free and very useful!
smiley - smileyRocket man has made an great page to help new researchers which can be found at A725500
smiley - smileyIf you want to find out something, (such as ‘how to fold a napkin’ or ‘war-yes or no’ then the best place to ask is <./>ASKh2g2</.>, someone will always have an opinion there, and it is one of the busiest places in H2G2!
smiley - smileyIf you want to brighten up you page you could always look at Spicing up your page A690518 or the <./>GuideML-Clinic</.> which will help you transform your home page into a work of art (if you want to transform your home page into a work of art that issmiley - winkeye)
smiley - smileyVisit <./>ThePost</.>smiley - thepost our weekly newspaper and <./>frontpage</.> to see what’s happening in h2g2.
smiley - smileyAnd the page that everyone always wants to find is smiley - smiley <./>smileys</.> click on the link to get the full list smiley - winkeye

If you need any more help or just want to talk then do not hesitate to ask, you can leave me a message by clicking on the "REPLY" button at the bottom of this page or by going to my home space on U218182 by clicking my name at the top of this message.

I would love to know when you have figured out the ownership issue between you and your black box. I know when I asked myself the same question my PC made it QUITE clear that IT was in chargesmiley - silly. Have some smiley - cake and a cup of smiley - tea to keep you going.

Enjoy the H2G2 experience but dont forget - any problems - call me!

Hath
x

Post 2

Heleloo

The ownership issue is on going MS DOS has me in circles huband (Gray) thinks i'm imitating the dog dog thinks i'm just playing i think the dog has the right idea!! The sugar thing cool yes fasinating yes annoying i have to prove myself all the time i work at Bundaberg Sugar Iam one of three woman on the factory floor out of about 1000 blokes state wide (8 factories) I have to be mad to do it Grays pretty cool has to be to put up with six months shift work and six months s**t work --mainenance or refinery work or unemployment ( as at the moment)

Hope to hear back son

Post 3

I cant remember the last time I used MS DOS -- sends shivers up my spine just thinking about it. smiley - sadface You may be able to get some serious help from Ask H2G2 in the link I provided above. I always think nothing ventured nothing gained.smiley - smiley You certainly wont lose by asking for help there. I suspect the dog is quite a relief for the stress DOS causessmiley - winkeye

I think it is a great shame that in this day and age that women have to prove themselves. Even though it is a world of equal opportunities it seems to be more equal for men. I too work in a male dominated industry (IT) and am so greatful the balance is beginning to shift a little. Despite the fact it is generally percieved not to be the case -- I believe there is a glass ceiling and that women do fair quite badly by comparison to their equal male; and in these times of few jobs.... I guess we should consider ourselves lucky to have any job.smiley - winkeye

Anyway. Time to get of my hobby horse and find how you are getting on Helelou. Did I send you too many links?

ath
x

Post 4

Heleloo

NO hobby horse here believe me i've heard it all (by men) I like dragons and angels and computers that do as the're told not do as they believe we want i believe life is hard but a good sense of humour is a cure to a lot of ills particularly of the idiotic kind acting dumb has saved me more than once (his face not mine)It's cool that someone has answered me I didn't expect that so now i'm not sure what to do next

Post 5

Have you checked out any of the links I suggested. They would be good places to start.smiley - smiley

Hath
x

Post 6

Heleloo - Red Dragon Incarnate

I had a fight with my black box, it won, and it refused to let me back in to h2g2 With the help of the people at bbc support i have got a new account although I still have the same number (go figure) So now I can be found at Helelou2 Hopefully my profuse apologies to my box have worked and it won't happen again

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Heleloo

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more