Garibaldi - Patented Mr G party at F14181?thread=256534

Actually, to be correct it would be the following

MCMXCIX

working from the end you have a 9, 90, 900, and 1000

The 9 is IX (10-1)
The 90 is XC (100-10)
The 900 is CM (1000-100)
The 1000 is M

The rule is that you don't use I,X,C more than 3 times in a row. If you have to you either use IV,XD,CL. Also you can not use things like VIV or IVV, or VVI, you must use IX, IX, or XI presectively. When it comes to 99, it is not IC, but XCIX (XC = 90, IX = 9)

Roman Numerals

Post 202

Fenchurch M. Mercury

Wow, that was a riot. Now may I ask everyone that if one day I must write a creative story for a class or something would they mind if I used this loosley as inspiration?

Roman Numerals

Post 203

Grey Area

Feel free, but if you present this in class, I think someone will call for the men in white jackets!

Hey, doesn't anyone want to share my island, or would you rather all drown? Oh, you would. Sorry for troubling you...

Movie Rights

Post 204

Now, that we have people thinking about writing a story of this thread, maybe we should organise the movie rights, and the actors that will play each character. smiley - smiley

Of course I will the played by the character who plays Garibaldi in Babylon 5 (well who else could fit the job? Bruce Willis, I think not).

Put in contribution for the up and coming moofie. 'Alien Abduction', staring Grabaldi, Fenchurch, Mrs Slartibartfast, GreyArea, RiffRaff, Grey, and a whole lot more. With special guest appearence from Looneytunes.

Island?

Post 205

Fenchurch M. Mercury

Was I missing something? You found an island? ha! Fenchurch doesn't just roll over and die, I'm in...but maybe the island should be a new forum...this is taking a while to load.... don't you think?

Island?

Post 206

Ooh, an island. I think I might stay too. Even my big party before has gotten so big, no one actually responds anymore due to the fact it takes ages to reload.

Maybe we could call it something like 'Garbaldi's Island'. Where we are ship wrecked on a beautiful tropical island, and can't get off. And that we have to make things out of coconuts and vines. Oh it sounds so fabulous.

Island?

Post 207

Grey

well who wants to start an island thread off their page? If no one else does, I will. You want it named for you Garibaldi, then you start the thread smiley - smiley

(ie, I agree--this takes too long to load.)

Alien abduction

Post 208

Wowbagger

Agreed.

Alien abduction

Post 209

Vestboy

Agreed - so long as the island has food on it.

Alien abduction

Post 210

Grey

Ok then...whoever is interested, follow my name to "abduction island" smiley - smiley I don't want to name the island myself, so you can fight over it if you want. I'd rather try to get rescued by aliens.

Alien abduction

Post 211

Grey Area

Little blonde at work tells me to goand abduct myself. I'm digging a very large hole in the sand, and then I'm going to get in it, and then I'm going to bury myself.

Of course it's got food on it, you don't think I'd invent an island with no food on it, do you?

Alien abduction

Post 212

Col

I was once abducted by a large frankfurter sausage with mustard !
The only way to escape was to eat my way free.
I was stuffed !!

Alien abduction

Post 213

Proff

What kind of island do you think you have invented? Food is fine, but no self respecting Alien will visit you unless you have a distillery and a fine Wormwood plantation!
The Aliens are here anyway, currently in a deep sleep, and in the form of various chrysalis at Gloucester docks disguised as bygone food packaging......

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more