This is the Message Centre for MadHamish : Off in the real world!

Bored and restless!

Post 1

MadHamish : Off in the real world!

I am suffering a bout of "Ramblin' fever". I feel the need to get in a car, pack it full and just pick a highway and drive! My life (all WD jokes and crap aside! Gasp?) is becoming boring and I am feeling like a real big change! Maybe moving, maybe a new career, maybe all in one, maybe moving to a new town or city with a new career! Start afresh perhaps! When life stops bringing you joy and suprises, it's time to change things so that it does! None of this sitting around whinging about how life sucks and how no good can come of it! Do something! I'm not entirely sure what I'll do, but it's about to happen before Christms I'd say!

MH
(My next message may be under the name of Willhelm the Ukranian Goat Herder!)

Bored and restless!

Post 2

Pimms

smiley - goodluck if you decide you are able to cast off your bowlines and seek something new. You may find some inspiration in some of the bon mots Sam Clemens wrote (http://www.cyber-nation.com/victory/quotations/authors/quotes_twain_mark.html) - I particularly thought of the first one in reference to your situation, though the one on Boys also seems apposite smiley - winkeye

Pimms smiley - mistletoe (fairly well-rooted)

Bored and restless!

Post 3

tonemonkey(Steve Cooper, of BLiM fame (?!) contact me!)

Good man, it takes guts to do that kind of thing. I hope that if you do it warks out well dude!

Remember of course to take the monkeys, and to pack enough food for the tripsmiley - biggrin

Bored and restless!

Post 4

abbi normal "Putting on the Ritz" with Dr Frankenstein

Ukranian Goat Herder!
Hmmmm Will the goats laugh at your jokes like we do? smiley - boing

Bored and restless!

Post 5

MadHamish : Off in the real world!

Well, the monkeys are surpisingly mobile, so that's not a problem!
Seems that not many people can just pick up and start again elsewhere! Well, I am going to try! Oz is a bloody big place, so it should be pretty easy to get lost, so to speak!
Oh! and you never know Abbi, Ukranian Goats may have a delightful sense of humour! (One goat turns to the other one and says "Baaaaa!" ahahahahaha! hilarious!....oh dear!)

MH
(Life is a random assortment of temporary situations!)

Bored and restless!

Post 6

Pimms

I trust you have planned for how to power your laptop and keep in touch with h2g2 Wilhelm. I don't think many internet cafes will let you bring in the goats when you inform us of your adventures.

Pimms smiley - ski (if you can be Wilhelm I can be Pimmski smiley - smiley)

Bored and restless!

Post 7

abbi normal "Putting on the Ritz" with Dr Frankenstein

Sounds very interesting!
Do let us know you are officially leaving to go wanderingsmiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for MadHamish : Off in the real world!

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more