This is the Message Centre for Secretly Not Here Any More

2013 1/12

Post 1

Secretly Not Here Any More

Well, January's done. And I've managed to stick to all of my "not-really-resolutions-but-things-I-should-do."

<>I've not had a fag. Or a craving for a fag. Except for one pang at 1am on Sunday morning after 8 pints of Hobgoblin.
<>I didn't have a beer throughout January (made up for that Feb 1 & 2 smiley - cheers). This was far more difficult than not smoking, given that everyone I know bought me ale for Christmas.
<>I'm actually doing alright with the running (Week 5, Day 2 of the Couch to 5k Programme tonight). I'm also seeing more of Boothstown than just the Greyhound and the Legion, which is new.
<>I've lost 10 lbs, mainly due to not getting pissed up and ordering takeaways.
<>There's actually (not much) money in the wedding savings fund.

February's more of the same. More running, less drinking, no smoking and saving every possible penny to put it in the "Buy L a daft frock for a day in a country hotel" savings account.

Should be fun.

2013 2/12

Post 2

Now 18lbs down for the year, running over two miles, twice a week, and have a grand in the wedding fund.

And I have 5 gallons of IPA in the fermenter. Not a bad result for the shortest month.

2013 3/12

Post 3

Just keeping this as my own record.

<>Down 24 lbs for the year
<>Up to week 8 of c25k, despite a few setbacks
<>May have had a fag on Friday night, but I don't remember. I was particularly slaughtered

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Secretly Not Here Any More

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more