This is the Message Centre for Secretly Not Here Any More

Where'd my creativity go?

Post 1

Secretly Not Here Any More

I just can't motivate myself to write anything at the moment. By the time I get home, I've usually been up for 12 hours and have written around 2000 words at work. I'm just completely disillusioned with the concept of writing for enjoyment.

I feel a bit like I'm letting Skankyrich, et al over at the writers group down, and I might have to tone back my commitments.

Still, we'll see how this weekend goes. I might get a sudden flash of inspiration.

Post 2

aka Bel - A87832164

I know exactly why I didn't specify the numbers of entries I'd write. I need inspiration, and you just can't force that.
Just concentrate on the other aspects, like commenting in PR and the EGWW until you are motivated to write an entry. smiley - ok

Post 3

That's the thing, I don't even want to go near a keyboard by the time I get home.

Post 4

aka Bel - A87832164

Then don't. No need to feel guilty about it.

Post 5

I wouldn't, but I made a commitment so I feel like I should honour it. Plus a few decent hootoo entries look good in my portfolio...

The pains of being a writer, eh?

Post 6

aka Bel - A87832164

I wouldn't know, I'm not a writer smiley - laugh

But I understand that you're feeling guilty, because so did I when I suddenly felt it was all too much I had myself committed to, and resigned as a scout and unsubbed from PR - after I had *signed the contract*.

Post 7

echomikeromeo

In my experience, writing on demand completely destroys one's ability to write under flashes of inspiration. Applying to university in America involves writing reams of application essays, and since I started this process I've found that my capacity for creative writing has completely deteriorated.

Post 8

Tell me about it. I was writing a considerable number of essays per month as a student, and that put a dent in my contribution...

Still, got a bit done on an entry, so could do at least one this month.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Secretly Not Here Any More

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more