This is the Message Centre for ~:*-Venus-*:~

Yay!!

Post 1

~:*-Venus-*:~

I heard a Cuckoo yesterday. smiley - magic It's been at least 3 years since i last heard a Cuckoo in this area. I'm pleased they have returned. smiley - zen

Yay!!

Post 2

nortirascal

Well if you must choose to live in the industrial wastelands smiley - tongueincheeksmiley - whistle Some of live in God's country and here them at the first break of Springsmiley - winkeye

Yay!!

Post 3

nortirascal

smiley - sorry Typo error "hear" not "here"smiley - blush

Yay!!

Post 4

Some people deserve to have their toes jumped on for stealing my thunder! smiley - tongueout

Yay!!

Post 5

Skankyrich [?]

Fantastic! I wonder if there are any around Widecombe this year? The last ones I heard, I was climbing near there a couple of years ago. Must make a trip out that way smiley - smiley

Yay!!

Post 6

MMF - Keeper of Mustelids, with added P.M.A., is now in a relationship.

I am still waiting to 'see' my first 'confirmed' cuckoo, although I've heard my first spring bird but, like one of my favourite plants in Kew, I can't name it, as it would upset Venus, suffice it to say it starts with C, and the plant is W H!

smiley - sorry

MMF

smiley - musicalnote

Yay!!

Post 7

scorp

We've heard the cuckoo at our caravan site (North Lincs countryside) for the past three years - still waiting to see one though. It was very early this year and was already singing in April.

Yay!!

Post 8

Yes MMF, i know exactly what bird and plant you are referring to. smiley - laugh It's a good job we don't all like the same things eh! It would make for such a dull world.

Cuckoos are going to be featured on Springwatch tonight, so i will be watching. I did see a cuckoo once several years ago, it was sat on the chimney of my neighbours house. The only way i recognised it wa becuase it started calling. That is one of my 'special' wildlife encounters. smiley - zen

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for ~:*-Venus-*:~

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more