This is the Message Centre for ~:*-Venus-*:~

To eat it or not to eat it!!

Post 1

~:*-Venus-*:~

I've been feeling a bit on the smiley - ill side today. I decided when i got home from work, to just have toast for my dinner. I put two slices of bread in the toaster, while it was toasting i thought i'd check my e.mails smiley - smiley
Anyway i heard the toast pop-up, opened the kitchen door, only to be greeted by thick smoke!! smiley - yikes Looking at the toast through the haze of smoke smiley - bigeyes it did'nt look too bad and i like my toast well done smiley - smiley I made the decision to eat it, so having scraped of the worst of the black, spread butter on it and took a bite!! I've come to the conclusion, that there is a very fine line between well done toast and charcoal!! Having a mouth full of what can only be described as black dust, has lead me to this conclusion! smiley - ermsmiley - yuk

Post 2

Artisan

Mmm dig that flowersmiley - biggrin
Hows you petal?
Feeling any better mmmmsmiley - huh
I'd just like to say on behalf of burnt toast lovers everywhere..that it wasnt the toast that made you feel iffy.If anything although quite unpleasant to the palate, burnt toast
is a very good cure for indigestion and as far as I'm led to believe does you no harm,but someone out there shall and maybe prove me wrong.I'd be more inclined to blame your spread..ie marge,butter etc.Anyway just thought I'd poke me nose in wi with my y smiley - 2centsworth..smiley - laugh

Post 3

Hiya sweetie
smiley - erm i felt "iffy" before the toast, which was why i decided on that instead of a proper dinner smiley - erm I feel ok now smiley - smiley
I guess i was'nt expecting it to disintergrate into dust as soon as i bit it!! smiley - laugh
We live and learn eh!! smiley - biggrinn>

Post 4

airscotia-back by popular demand

Artisan is quite right about burnt toast aiding digestion. I remember being told by an aged relative that charcoal biscuits were a great cure for wind.smiley - winkeye

Unfortunately i'd bought you a kite for Crimbo, but as you'll obviously now be lacking wind..................i suppose i'd better take it back.smiley - erm

Makes you wonder what sort of turmoil beans on burnt toast would put your digestive system in though, it wouldn't know if were coming or goingsmiley - laugh.

Post 5

Hello?? a kite!! smiley - erm do i look like Christopher Robin! smiley - rofl Jeez well bang goes the expensive smelly's ts then! smiley - laugh

Yes beans and burnt toast does sound like an explosive combination smiley - yikes...probably not wise to have any naked flames in the vicinity either smiley - laugh

Post 6

So you think the iffyness was pre-toast, could it have been excitement at the prospect of a culinary delight?smiley - laugh

I hope you're feeling better now anyway.

Post 7

It was an allday sort of "iffyness" smiley - erm, but i'm fine now. Might have been the shock of having something resembling soot in my mouth! smiley - laugh

Post 8

I'm always most careful what i put in my mouth smiley - laugh.

I haven't felt the 'full ticket' today either, i reckon it's this cold snap slowing my reactions down.smiley - sadface

Post 9

Aha!! maybe you should try some burnt toast! smiley - biggrin

I think you could be right about it being the cold snap!...i've been freezing all day smiley - sadface

Post 10

smiley - brr I guess it's worse for you as your job is a bit external, but i was freezing.

I had a lorryload of brass monkeys to deliver today............it was touch and go i can tell you smiley - yikes I've never seen such a worried bunch of apes smiley - laugh

Post 11

Even the inside trees, had frost on them! smiley - yikes

Sooooooo did you get mistaken for one of the brass monkeys!!...i mean aside from the face that is!! smiley - run

Post 12

Well i'm always eager to please.........CHIMPING at the bit you could say smiley - groan

I think it's the way my knuckles drag on the ground behind me that gives me away smiley - laugh

Post 13

I can see this being a problem with shirts!! smiley - laugh

Have you done all your xmas shopping?

Post 14

Haven't even started yet smiley - yikes

I've had to work the last few weekends, so i've not had a chance yet. Off now for 7 days though, so it's now or never...........never is cheapersmiley - winkeye.

I bet you're all organised and finished in Julysmiley - biggrin.What's the plan for Crimbo then Jen, having relatives........or just the traditional turkey?smiley - laugh

Post 15

Right Airy me old mucker, its time for me to retire to my bed...the only room that does'nt have the lingering smell of burnt toast! smiley - erm

Hope i catch up with you again before crimbo, but if i dont have a great christmas smiley - hugsmiley - kiss
g'night jen smiley - biggrin

Post 16

Night night Jen.........wrap up warm smiley - kiss

Key: Complain about this post