This is the Message Centre for ~:*-Venus-*:~

What to do....

Post 21

MMF - Keeper of Mustelids, with added P.M.A., is now in a relationship.

I know you said about Busman's, or should that be Buswoman's, Holiday, here is a site you may be interested in...

http://www.britainsfinest.co.uk/gardens/search_results.cfm/searchcounty/Devon/searchclasscode/10

smiley - musicalnote

What to do....

Post 22

aka Bel - A87832164

Who mentioned emails ? I certainly didn't talk about emails, but about a 'conversation' - even your conversations from months, and years ago are still here on hootoo. I mentioned the month because it would have made searching easier if I had remembered which conversation and which month it was mentioned in.

What to do....

Post 23

~:*-Venus-*:~

Yes, i thought that was it. Sussex is even further away than Kew for me smiley - sadface and as i don't drive, i can see it being difficult for me to get to.

Sorry, i'm not being much help am i smiley - sadface

What to do....

Post 24

Thanks Neal. I'll have to look at it when i'm on the pc smiley - biggrin

What to do....

Post 25

aka Bel - A87832164

Sorry, it sounded like such a good idea, but if you can't reach it, then there's no point, I'm afraid. smiley - sadface

What to do....

Post 26

Thanks anyway smiley - smiley

What to do....

Post 27

Rev Nick { Only the dead are without fear }

You could always google for some really effective rain dances, and practice them?

*makes note to fine tune the cameras, just in case ... smiley - tongueout*

What to do....

Post 28

aka Bel - A87832164

Which regions would you be able to reach by train ?

What to do....

Post 29

smiley - laugh I don't think i want to spend my holiday practising my rain-dance technique smiley - diva

B'el
I can reach alot of places by train, but for a day trip, it would have to be somewhere quite close, as by the time i got there, it would be time to come back. smiley - erm

What to do....

Post 30

aka Bel - A87832164

Yes, how silly of me, I should have said that I meant within a range of one-two hours/tour.

What to do....

Post 31

Skankyrich [?]

Actually, Venus, most places round here (except us, of course) aren't full as yet - people are tending to book just a week or a few days in advance nowadays, so I doubt you'd have a problem finding a room!

Sidmouth would be a great idea, it's such a lovely festival to go to because of the relaxed vibe - you'd probably have to camp though! Let me know if you are thinking of coming down this way, I'm pretty busy this time of year but will probably have a morning or evening to spare for you smiley - smiley

What to do....

Post 32

Hmmm, just what IS the nightly rate at L'Hotel de Skankyrich this season? For someone with a bent, interest and taste in so many varieties of landscaping, gardening, wild-life ponds ... smiley - whistle

What to do....

Post 33

Skankyrich [?]

It would be £45 per night; unfortunately I can't give decent discounts at this time of year, and we're pretty full anyway smiley - sadface When we get to September, Chez Rich can get considerably cheaper to friends, but August...

What to do....

Post 34

Ah well, 'twas just a wondering thought. smiley - smiley

And may be a similar thought in September '07, ... other plans allowing by then.

What to do....

Post 35

Skankyrich [?]

Any other time of year, and I'd have offered already smiley - smiley

Plenty of places down here are a bit cheaper and less full, though, Venus - it would be great to meet up if you can make it down this way!

What to do....

Post 36

It is a nice thought, but believe it or not its the wrong time of year for me to consider going away. My garden would be dead by the time i got back smiley - sadface We havent had any rain here, apart from the odd shower in at least 2 months. Which means i have to get me hose out every other day smiley - bigeyes just to keep things alive.

Maybe another time? smiley - smiley

What to do....

Post 37

Skankyrich [?]

Whenever you like, love! smiley - smiley

What to do....

Post 38

smiley - biggrin

I should have mentioned the 'rain' thing sooner, it poured here this morning smiley - laugh

What to do....

Post 39

aka Bel - A87832164

Oh, good, we've had rain nearly every day since last Thursday smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post