This is the Message Centre for ~:*-Venus-*:~

Another carpet shreader

Post 1

~:*-Venus-*:~

A couple of years ago i lost my cat to illness. He was a quiet, old cat, apart from the odd episode of carpet and sofa shreading. smiley - yikes
I decided i was'nt going to have any more pets for a long time. It meant i could go away when ever i wanted to, without trying to find someone to look after any pet i had.
There have been times when i've missed having an animal about the place, but on the whole i've enjoyed not having anything dependant on me. That may sound selfish to some, to me it was the first time in 28 years i had total freedom to do what i like.
So why the hell did i get sucked in by another carpet shreader?? smiley - huh
I blame my daughter. She took in a homeless cat, thinking it would get on with her own resident cat. It did'nt work out, so the new cat was to be homeless again smiley - sadface Anyone see a plan here? Was it just coincindence i happened to be visiting, on the very same day as the little cat was to be evicted? Yep! It was a conspiricy!
I now have this little 8 month old cat asleep on the sofa next to me, He is very cute and affectionate. smiley - biggrin I've tripped over him twice now smiley - injured as he raced to get to the kitchen before me.
Oh well, thats another 15 years tied up smiley - laugh

Another carpet shreader

Post 2

Ivan the Terribly Average

What colour?

I once had a pet-free household, until my housemate presented me with a 10-week-old black persian kitten... One simply can't say no to a cat. smiley - magic

Except in this house. The lease explicitly states 'no pets'. smiley - erm

Another carpet shreader

Post 3

He's black and white, well mostly white with some big black splotches.
He has alot of devil in him smiley - yikes He does have a very cute face though aawwww smiley - smiley

Hows the new place going? Have you settled in yet?

Another carpet shreader

Post 4

Ivan the Terribly Average

All the books are out of boxes, which is the main thing. The kitchen should be functional by tomorrow.

What's the black & white cuteness called? The black persian nearly got saddled with an awful name - J was looking at the list of creatures from 'Labyrinth' and trying out the names - Ariel, Ezekiel, and so forth. Then I suggested 'Ethel'. It stuck. The cat has grown old gracefully, at least.

Another carpet shreader

Post 5

aka Bel - A87832164

We have budgies, so no cat will ever be allowed in our home. Suits me fine, cause I'm not especially fond of cats, although I'd never leave one homeless. smiley - smiley

Another carpet shreader

Post 6

Rev Nick { Only the dead are without fear }

I've seen and HEARD, this little moggy. Quite a handsome little man. So, Lady Venus, I wish you well in trying to maintain a claim to any part of the home. smiley - laugh

Another carpet shreader

Post 7

KB

The hand of fate is in that tale somewhere - best just resign yourself to a few more years of dead rats being left at the door! smiley - ok

SB

Another carpet shreader

Post 8

Ivan.
His name is Minstral. I did'nt choose it, he came with that name. I don't really want to change it, so it will most likely be shortened to mini. smiley - biggrin

SB
Thanks, i'd forgotten about the dead things that will be bought home as a gift smiley - yuk

Nick.
I'm making a good attempt a being leader here, we'll see who wins eh! smiley - laugh

Another carpet shreader

Post 9

coelacanth

The start of your post could be me! My dear elderly cat died aged 17½ 4 years ago and I vowed - no more cats. Then my eldest daughter went to uni and the youngest said she'd be lonely without her sister....

Pumpkin, our new ginger kitten is now 5 months old. smiley - smiley
smiley - bluefish

Another carpet shreader

Post 10

originalBillyBob

A smiley - cat and an affectionate one as well. Every smiley - cat I've ever known just wanted to use anybody's bodily parts a claw-sharpening instrument smiley - yuk

Another carpet shreader

Post 11

Rev Nick { Only the dead are without fear }

Beware the man towelling off from a shower, ... with a new and inquisitive kitten observing. smiley - yikes

Another carpet shreader

Post 12

Hi Coelacanth
I guess we both have a soft spot for cats eh! I really did'nt want another cat, but now he's here....

Hey BB
Nice to see you. So far i've escaped any personal injury. My home has'nt though. He does this thing where he pulls himself around the bottom of the sofa smiley - yikes

And Nick of course is speaking from experience smiley - laugh

Another carpet shreader

Post 13

Spacecadet Jack (Supreme Commander in Cheif) [Major]

*wishes he had his KittyKat with him to cuddle*

Another carpet shreader

Post 14

Aaawwww...sorry you don't have your cat with you. smiley - sadface

Key: Complain about this post